Auto hold switching itself straight away

DB00nowthen

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
So I get in the car switch off lane assist and select it to eco mode etc.

And id like to have auto hold enabled to try it. So I switch auto hold on in the safety tab and after a second, it turns itself off. I want try it because I was on a hill giveaway junction and it wasn’t holding at all. I’ve watched a video about activating while driving: a firm press on the brakes pedal when stopped. But I think it has to be “on” in the safety tab. Could this be that I have to have my foot on the brake when I switch it on?

Are you pressing the brake pedal (to go to READY mode) before changing any settings?

Do you get an Auto-hold fault message? (i.e. what colour is the P symbol? Yellow usually = auto-hold fault).

So I get in the car switch off lane assist and select it to eco mode etc.

And id like to have auto hold enabled to try it. So I switch auto hold on in the safety tab and after a second, it turns itself off. I want try it because I was on a hill giveaway junction and it wasn’t holding at all. I’ve watched a video about activating while driving: a firm press on the brakes pedal when stopped. But I think it has to be “on” in the safety tab. Could this be that I have to have my foot on the brake when I switch it on?
I thought there was an issue with this then I realised that you have to have your seatbelt fastened for it to stay set

I've had the ubiquitous "auto-hold fault", although only once recently, but if you just ignore it and remember to keep your foot on the brake for that journey, next time you use the car it will be back to normal.

Mine has never turned itself off once enabled.
You do have to be in ready mode with the seatbelt on to do so first.
You have to have your seatbelt fastened for it to be on and stay on if you take your seatbelt off it will slide to off but if you put your seatbelt on it will go back on again

My Auto hold is switched off and stays off, but hill hold still works.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 525 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back