Auto hold what is it when i turn it on it turns off straight away ?

And it's a feature that's been around for quite a while now - my current 5-y-o Insignia has it.

The issue with EVs is having to press the brake pedal hard enough to engage it, what with regen doing a lot of the braking. :)

Not got mine yet...how do you switch in on. Currently my car is a press button next to the parking brake switch

From the user manual, that’s what I meant before and this kinda confirms it… “firmly” which I took to mean a sort of stab on the brake.

Parking:
When the vehicle is moving forward, press the brake pedal to stop the vehicle, then firmly press the brake pedal to switch the Auto Hold function from Standby to Parking state.
Note: If the vehicle is stopped by firmly pressing the brake pedal, the Auto Hold function will directly enter the parking state.
The Auto Hold will exit the parking state if the brake pedal is firmly pressed again.
The Auto Hold will exit the parking state if gear D is selected and the accelerator pedal is pressed.
The Auto Hold will exit the parking state if gear R is selected.

From the user manual, that’s what I meant before and this kinda confirms it… “firmly” which I took to mean a sort of stab on the brake.

Parking:
When the vehicle is moving forward, press the brake pedal to stop the vehicle, then firmly press the brake pedal to switch the Auto Hold function from Standby to Parking state.
Note: If the vehicle is stopped by firmly pressing the brake pedal, the Auto Hold function will directly enter the parking state.
The Auto Hold will exit the parking state if the brake pedal is firmly pressed again.
The Auto Hold will exit the parking state if gear D is selected and the accelerator pedal is pressed.
The Auto Hold will exit the parking state if gear R is selected.
Cheers will try next time I'm out

It doesn't seem to matter whether it's turned on or off, mine's been off for a while now and it still Autohold's when pressing the brake pedal firmly.
That may be hill start assist, if so it will release after 2 seconds.

If it keeps turning off, reset the infotainment system by pressing and holding the Home button for 10 seconds.
That setting is basically for display only, you can’t expect a driver to activate it via the touchscreen. When the car is stationary, and the seatbelt is fastened, just floor your brake pedal, it will be activated and the ‘A’ icon will turn green.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back