Auto lights - fix?

Acey

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi I have the issue on my 2022 model where when it's not dark the lights flash on and off - I have seen a post on Facebook suggesting the fix hope this is helpful:
Got mine back after 2 weeks. They changed the light sensor but it made no difference!
After another week they then found out the sensor was set to the wrong sensitivity. It was on 1 should have been on 3 or 4. They set mine to 3.
Fixed instantly!
Tell your dealer this.
Good luck

I think sensitivity is different to threshold. It might be darker than we'd like before turn on. But once it reaches that threshold it should stay on until it gets significantly lighter. I too have experienced the on off on at dusk where small changes in ambient light affect the system. I assume changing the sensitivity needs dealer laptop connection and not a switch or dial hidden somewhere.

I am booked in to hopefully have this sorted out by the dealers and will report back on what happens.

Hmmm, interesting. Mine used to work fairly well but for the past month or so I've noticed they are pretty much on all the time!

Hi reporting back after the car was in the dealers. Despite me explaining it was the setting on the headlight sensor that needed to be changed they didn't find this - they did do a lot of updates though apparently. Little bit frustrating and will try to get it sorted again at some point.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom