I recall someone mentioning that their geography (Oz/NZ?) was going to get it ... but I think this may have been for cars where it was advertised but not yet delivered.

I don't believe that for one minute - the Phase 1 cars can stop when ACC/TJA is engaged and the car in front has stopped, so they are most certainly hardware-compatible. 🙄
When you switch to OPD while in motion you can feel a little bit of friction that scrubs a small percentage from your speed if your foot pressure on the pedal is constant. I assume it's working by adjusting how the regen/brake is applied at a given accelerator pedal position so rather than inching forward at walking pace if you have no foot on the accelerator the car doesn't move.
I assume this is entirely down to software rather than any mechanical change, so I would have thought it could be upgraded, unless there is a particular chip involved that can't be flashed by dealers.

There is a good chance that the module controlling the braking is different in MY23 cars.

While the MY22 cars may physically be capable the manufacturer of the control module may not have certified that functionality, as such a car manufacturer wouldn't deploy a feature that the module manufacturer (safety critical features are usually different to the car manufacturer, such as Magneti Marcelli, Bosch, as they need to be tried and tested systems) hasn't said is certified for that usage.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back