Automatic heating of rear window

Anon70

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
OK being really lazy here and not searching to see if this has been asked before. On the HVAC settings screen there is an option for "Automatic heating of rear window" does anyone know what criteria would trigger the automatic heating, I am assuming ambient temperature will contribute and if the rear window heater is activated the wing mirror heater must also turn on as they are linked.

Demist.jpg

Wondering if this is linked to the maximum setting for the front screen blower. So, if you have that auto set to on, it would come on when you press the button to clear the front screen. That would be my guess. I can’t find it in the manual.

I was hoping it meant you could trigger the rear window and mirrors from the app by turning the HVAC on at low ambient temperatures, not sure what the advantage is if you have to press the button for front demist to activate it when the button for rear demist is right next to it.

I was hoping it meant you could trigger the rear window and mirrors from the app by turning the HVAC on at low ambient temperatures, not sure what the advantage is if you have to press the button for front demist to activate it when the button for rear demist is right next to it.
No advantage really.
Mine is not selected because I occasionally give the front demister a 2 minute blast to clear the screen when it mists up if I haven't got the heater on and I don't need the rear demister to come on with it when I do that.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back