Awaiting code for govt. grant?

View attachment 9430

Finally got there, but had to throw another hissy fit in the showroom because they wanted to give me £300 less for my old car than we’d agreed. I’d had to get a new settlement figure because it took so long to get to the point of buying the car and then actually getting it that my original settlement figure expired last week and the new one was £300 less to account for the recent payment. The guy tried to tell me that I’d agreed to this on the order form (part ex figure falls in line with settlement figure), which might be true where you have to wait 4 months + for your new car but not when there was 2 weeks between agreeing a figure and getting the new car. He backed down pretty quickly and had to redo the invoice etc.

Anyway, got the car and hopefully never have to deal with them again other than chase for the mats that were offered yesterday as compensation for the faff, but which they don’t have a stock of.

I used Perkins in Rayne (Braintree) completely different experience, I'll be taking the car back to them for servicing in March. I was 50/50 on going to the bigger dealer in Chelmsford, really glad I didn't.

I used Perkins in Rayne (Braintree) completely different experience, I'll be taking the car back to them for servicing in March. I was 50/50 on going to the bigger dealer in Chelmsford, really glad I didn't.
I'll have to bear that in mind if I buy MG again. For servicing this dealer is just too convenient as I work a 5 minute walk away, or I'd be avoiding them completely.

View attachment 9430

Finally got there, but had to throw another hissy fit in the showroom because they wanted to give me £300 less for my old car than we’d agreed. I’d had to get a new settlement figure because it took so long to get to the point of buying the car and then actually getting it that my original settlement figure expired last week and the new one was £300 less to account for the recent payment. The guy tried to tell me that I’d agreed to this on the order form (part ex figure falls in line with settlement figure), which might be true where you have to wait 4 months + for your new car but not when there was 2 weeks between agreeing a figure and getting the new car. He backed down pretty quickly and had to redo the invoice etc.

Anyway, got the car and hopefully never have to deal with them again other than chase for the mats that were offered yesterday as compensation for the faff, but which they don’t have a stock of.
Glad you finally got the car
Now just sit back and enjoy easy, cheap motoring
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom