Back Seat Fold Muppetry

I have tried pulling up on my rear seat squab (facelift MG5) but it won't "let go". Is there a technique or trick to this? Does the seat squab release at all on the facelift MG5?

I have tried pulling up on my rear seat squab (facelift MG5) but it won't "let go". Is there a technique or trick to this? Does the seat squab release at all on the facelift MG5?
It does. The lug positions are between 1/4 and 1/3 of the squab length in from each end. A sharp tug did the trick for me. There are electric cable joints to be disconnected at each end before you can lift out the seat.

It does. The lug positions are between 1/4 and 1/3 of the squab length in from each end. A sharp tug did the trick for me. There are electric cable joints to be disconnected at each end before you can lift out the seat.
OK I will try again

Just pull it harder?
Turns out that this was all there was to it. I had to pull REALLY HARD and then click... it let go. And then the other side EVEN HARDER.

Maybe if I do this a few times it will get easier.
The warning about the electric wiring is important though, both sides of the squab have a very flimsy wire attached to a proprietary connector. The connector is sturdy but I can imagine the wire ripping out of it very easily. Fortunately each side's connector is of the quick-release variety although interestingly a different design on the left compared to the right

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom