Balancing an LR Trophy

There is a difference between what the GOM says and what you actually achieve. If you reset the Accumulated Total then you will see nearer the 271 miles. My Trophy was giving me ~240 miles at 100% based on my mi/kWh until it had its service when the Accumulated Total was reset. It then gave 268 miles - based on the battery SOH multiplied by 271. Have you reset the Accumulated Total recently? It may be that's what your eNiro did when it charged to 100%.

Last edited by a moderator:
As others have said, this is likely to be a temperature thing, in which case it should rectify itself very quickly now. I've been looking at less than 3 miles/kWh all winter, and on short journeys to the village hall three miles away I often didn't see the reading go about 2 miles/kwh. Just got back from there, staring in wonder at "5.1 miles/kWh" on the dashboard. OK, three miles, generally downhill, but the car does that so often it practically doesn't need me to drive it, and I haven't seen anything like that since about August.

As others have said, this is likely to be a temperature thing, in which case it should rectify itself very quickly now. I've been looking at less than 3 miles/kwh all winter, and on short journeys to the village hall three miles away I often didn't see the reading go about 2 miles/kwh. Just got back from there, staring in wonder at "5.1 miles/kwh" on the dashboard. OK, three miles, generally downhill, but the car does that so often it practically doesn't need me to drive it, and I haven't seen anything like that since about August.
I agree, I have been getting 2.9'ish on my same journeys, then a few days ago I get 5.1. It was quite warm that day

Shouldn't make a huge difference. Last check was used 2kw on hvac! I try and drive on eco (when.i remeber) but brochure says 270+. What a joke. Ive watched the videos about heat pump/no heat pump, and so much as makes little dufference. My eNiro was bang on, every time. 280+ after every charge, winter summer no matter (however this did have a heat pump!!). Bearing in mind it was never built as an ev (not like the latest models). what disappoints me most is this is an ev built from scratch, so how can it so flawed??? Should have pushed back against the Mrs more and got the tesla!
Did you get 280+ miles from your eNiro or did the range drop rapidly once you started driving it with heaters on etc?

The MG will base the estimated range on how the car performed previously so probably giving a more realistic GOM range.

Your eNiro will be resetting all the usage data and starting again from scratch. You can get the MG to do the same thing by resetting the GOM after a full charge and it will show 270+ miles but you won't get that.

The eNiro seems to have a nasty habit of running out on people. There are TWO videos up where Andrew Till ("Mr EV") manages to run out of battery while filming. Doing that once may be unfortunate, but twice is downright careless. A couple of friends of mine have twice come home late (missing orchestra practice in the process) with hair-raising tales of limping back at 10 mph with a turtle showing, and I just found out they have an eNiro too. I've had my MG4 down to 7-8 miles of range a couple of times and no restricted power and no nasty surprises.

Shouldn't make a huge difference. Last check was used 2kw on hvac! I try and drive on eco (when.i remeber) but brochure says 270+. What a joke. Ive watched the videos about heat pump/no heat pump, and so much as makes little dufference. My eNiro was bang on, every time. 280+ after every charge, winter summer no matter (however this did have a heat pump!!). Bearing in mind it was never built as an ev (not like the latest models). what disappoints me most is this is an ev built from scratch, so how can it so flawed??? Should have pushed back against the Mrs more and got the tesla!
There's a big difference with temperature and range for all EVs.

There's also a big difference between:
  • Claimed range throughout the year on the GOM.
  • Actual range throughout the year.

Are you claiming that the eNiro always DELVERED 280 miles year round and that you actually drove it to empty regularly to verify this? I'm highly skeptical of that as no EV I've ever heard of behaves like this.

Or you are just saying that eNiro display CLAIMED 280 miles all the time when fully charged, regardless of weather, driving conditions and driver style?

I suspect this is the case of thinking that what the car says is accurate, when it actually isn't.

It still surprises me that people have an issue with this - after all range estimates on ICE cars have always varied a lot and there are plenty of vehicles where the first 1/4 of a tank takes ages to drop and then it speeds up and the last 1/4 only does 30-50 miles.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back