Balancing? Caught on a Zappi

D

Deleted member 2439

Hi,

I’m hoping that this pic shows the 300 Watt balancing charge shown on my Zappi app display?

No solar or grid usage, the whole house running from the battery system which was charged up during the course of the day. 22kWh of today’s generation has now been dumped into the car 👍.

Hopefully it’s of interest.

Cheers - Rob

Attachments

• 307D1D40-89FB-4B84-BC6F-84D94CD278DD.jpeg
    307D1D40-89FB-4B84-BC6F-84D94CD278DD.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 144
Hi,

I’m hoping that this pic shows the 300 Watt balancing charge shown on my Zappi app display?

No solar or grid usage, the whole house running from the battery system which was charged up during the course of the day. 22kWh of today’s generation has now been dumped into the car 👍.

Cheers - Rob
What version of the BMS are you on Robert?

Pass. Car was registered in Nov 20 & hasn’t been near a dealer since then.
how would I tell anyway? It reads 456v when fully charged and the low battery warning comes on at 34 miles, does that help?

Pass. Car was registered in Nov 20 & hasn’t been near a dealer since then.
how would I tell anyway? It reads 456v when fully charged and the low battery warning comes on at 34 miles, does that help?
Thanks.

I was fully expecting you to have the most up to date BMS given 300w balancing. I'm similar to you 456v fully charged but I'm convinced mine balances at 2.5kw. I need to do a controlled test to see if this is so.

Ok, so here’s yesterday’s charge profile. It’s using the Zappi Eco mode which puts available solar into the car with a minimum rate of 1.4kW, which is the steady rate before it drops off. The upward peaks are the sun coming out or house usage reducing. I’m assuming the balance to be the step down from 1.4kW for 15/20 mins to 300W before the charge actually stops and Zappi says “charge complete”?

Attachments

• F2A7115F-9A05-4E3A-BE24-29D2B652ABE6.jpeg
    F2A7115F-9A05-4E3A-BE24-29D2B652ABE6.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 131
Hi,

Cheers - Rob
Is this a MG5 or ZS ?

300W does match our balancing charge rate, this can be confirmed by seeing if the MG Logo has stopped pulsing and is illuminated constantly.

Balancing completed it goes off & stays off.

If I'm telling you something you already know, apologies but it might help someone else,

300W does match our balancing charge rate, this can be confirmed by seeing if the MG Logo has stopped pulsing and is illuminated constantly.

Balancing completed it goes off & stays off.

If I'm telling you something you already know, apologies but it might help someone else,
Indeed, I’m with you on that …….

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom