Battery 0%

hotcfdog

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Morning All,

Yesterday had my first real range anxiety. Took it all the way down to under 10 miles.

I drove in E with KERS on 3 trying to not go above 20% power.
782F7627-C3D9-4946-9F54-5FECDC9898FA.jpeg

Thankfully my Ohme Home Pro is installed so I’ll be getting daily top ups and not using the granny charger.

I won’t be doing that for a while!

May sound counterintuitive but, unless you were in a really hilly area, then switching KERS off would've been a better option or at least getting it as low as possible.

My commute is very hilly!

I was switching the KERS depending on the type of journey.

View attachment 11644

4.2 is pretty good?
Glad you made it to your destination ( just about ) that was too close for comfort, for my liking to be totally honest !.
Definitely a “Sweaty Bum” moment 🤣.
I have just notice you have accumulated 522 miles recorded range presently displayed on your accumulative trip recorder.
Your predicted range ( after a full charge and balance I assume ) is now 213 miles in Eco driving mode and Regen level 1.
As you have just recently run the car lower than is recommended, would you not consider resetting that long accumulative trip more often in the future ?.
This will help give you a more accurate prediction of range on the GOM.
213 miles looks great, but is very likely an overinflated range figure in real world terms.
Trusting that inflated range figure, can lead you into believing you have more actual range than you think you actually have.
This can have the affect of reducing the range faster than you expect and therefore catching you out by coming up short.
I am willing to bet if you reset that accumulative trip, it will trim down that prediction a lot !.
As you have recently discovered, there IS a reserve buffer at the lower end of the pack ( at the top also ) even when the range is zero.
It’s a good lesson on understanding how far you can travel with very little / no range remaining.
But as am sure you know, running this low is regarded as not a good place to take you battery for its long term longevity.

Glad you made it to your destination ( just about ) that was too close for comfort, for my liking to be totally honest !.
Definitely a “Sweaty Bum” moment 🤣.
I have just notice you have accumulated 522 miles recorded range presently displayed on your accumulative trip recorder.
Your predicted range ( after a full charge and balance I assume ) is now 213 miles in Eco driving mode and Regen level 1.
As you have just recently run the car lower than is recommended, would you not consider resetting that long accumulative trip more often in the future ?.
This will help give you a more accurate prediction of range on the GOM.
213 miles looks great, but is very likely an overinflated range figure in real world terms.
Trusting that inflated range figure, can lead you into believing you have more actual range than you think you actually have.
This can have the affect of reducing the range faster than you expect and therefore catching you out by coming up short.
I am willing to bet if you reset that accumulative trip, it will trim down that prediction a lot !.
As you have recently discovered, there IS a reserve buffer at the lower end of the pack ( at the top also ) even when the range is zero.
It’s a good lesson on understanding how far you can travel with very little / no range remaining.
But as am sure you know, running this low is regarded as not a good place to take you battery for its long term longevity.

Thanks for your reply.

1. I like to keep my mileage for my yearly records. I keep track of my weekly, monthly and yearly distances.

2. I don’t recognise or believe the number on the GOM. I just stick to 150 max. In this instance I forgot to turn my granny charger on and had to commute with just enough! It was not good. I now have my charger installed so I will top up each night.

3 I only really drive in Eco with KERS on 3 as I like the feeling of single foot driving.

Thanks for your reply and I hope to never see the — agin!

Thanks for your reply.

1. I like to keep my mileage for my yearly records. I keep track of my weekly, monthly and yearly distances.
I guess you could always take a photo of your dash panel, which could provide you with a back up facility or this would allow you to reset your trips ???.
Just an idea 💡👍.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom