Battery Balancing

nickcarr

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi All, I am new to the forum, having bought my car in Sept this year on the affinity scheme as I am NHS.

I have a std range exclusive 5.
Love the car and get on a run around 200 miles (maybe not now the cold weather is upon us), so pretty happy with this.

I have read threads on balancing but on completion my max voltage is 403.

To balance, I let it charge to 100% and stay on charge after. On the sync ev charger app it does show a graph of it charging at around 7.2kwh, then it drops down to a minimum and gives tiny fluctuating trickle until after a couple of hours, the app says finished. This I thought was a typical balancing experience.

I've read somewhere here that a complete balance should give around 460v.
Is my result typical or am I missing something I need to do,

Other than that and the radio defaulting to AMwith no way to delete it, it's great!

Any thoughts on balancing are welcome.
Nick

Hi Nick,

Fully charged and balanced the MG5 should be around 405V so your 403V is perfectly normal especially considering the colder weather. I'm probably wrong but 460V might be the ZS.

Hi All, I am new to the forum, having bought my car in Sept this year on the affinity scheme as I am NHS.

I have a std range exclusive 5.
Love the car and get on a run around 200 miles (maybe not now the cold weather is upon us), so pretty happy with this.

I have read threads on balancing but on completion my max voltage is 403.

To balance, I let it charge to 100% and stay on charge after. On the sync ev charger app it does show a graph of it charging at around 7.2kwh, then it drops down to a minimum and gives tiny fluctuating trickle until after a couple of hours, the app says finished. This I thought was a typical balancing experience.

I've read somewhere here that a complete balance should give around 460v.
Is my result typical or am I missing something I need to do,

Other than that and the radio defaulting to AMwith no way to delete it, it's great!

Any thoughts on balancing are welcome.
Nick
Hi nick your car is ok at 403volts as tursey123 as said,and your charger is OK as well. I have a Zappi and it does much the same thing charges around 7.2 KW then drops to around 300 watts at the end for a time until it says finished.

Now to your radio systems ,try this switch on the system and then the big button in the middle this is the volume and also the on/off button, press and hold that until it shuts down, but now keep it pressed until the MG logo comes on in the middle of the screen now let go of the button and the systems will reset this should sort your radio problem out but it is important that the button is fully pressed in until you see MG on the screen then let go minute or so later it will have reset and should be fine you can do the same if you get problems with the navigation as well to reboot it hope this helps
Les

Hi nick your car is ok at 403volts as tursey123 as said,and your charger is OK as well. I have a Zappi and it does much the same thing charges around 7.2 KW then drops to around 300 watts at the end for a time until it says finished.

Now to your radio systems ,try this switch on the system and then the big button in the middle this is the volume and also the on/off button, press and hold that until it shuts down, but now keep it pressed until the MG logo comes on in the middle of the screen now let go of the button and the systems will reset this should sort your radio problem out but it is important that the button is fully pressed in until you see MG on the screen then let go minute or so later it will have reset and should be fine you can do the same if you get problems with the navigation as well to reboot it hope this helps
Les
Thanks Les, I'll give it a go.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom