Battery heater

Zebedee

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Had a search in the forum for info on the battery heater. Is there a difference in the mk2 LR to the mk1 sr please?

Any experience in general of its use to increase charging speed please?

Cheers

Do not belive many markets got battery heater in mrk1 think was intended for the nordic markets. Was a option but believed pulled in UK as belive there were issues

Cheers. A lot of the information I've seen suggests the battery charges fastest at around 30c. Just hoping that this is achievable using the heater as it will make a big difference on those longer journeys to Cornwall for me.

Do not belive many markets got battery heater in mrk1 think was intended for the nordic markets. Was a option but believed pulled in UK as belive there were issues
Mine has the option to manually switch on the battery heater from the battery screen.

I have a 21 Mk1 MG5LR which has a battery heater on it. I've switched it on to check it worked but haven't used it to charge yet. Probably will on a long distance run.

this friday i going to get my '22 standard range with battery heater. Is it better for the battery to use the heater? and will the range extend with the heater?

this friday i going to get my '22 standard range with battery heater. Is it better for the battery to use the heater? and will the range extend with the heater?
No the heater will increase the consumption and so reduce your range...a lot! What it is supposed to do is heat the battery so that it will charge more effectively rather than the charge be throttled due to a cold battery.
See this post for more info.

The battery heater seems counter productive to me.
You spend time heating the battery to save time recharging it, which now takes longer anyway due to the fact you've just run it down more to heat it. 🤔 :giggle:
I guess it's more to do with looking after the health of battery, in reality, is it ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom