Battery Heater

Ukchris

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all, hope you have all been getting MORE positive results from mg regarding delivery dates. The reason I came on is now that it is getting cooler I was wondering if there is any benefit from using the battery heater at any particular time, I would be grateful if you could advise me on this matter.

But be aware that it only comes on if the battery (or maybe the ambient) temperature is under 10°C. And yes, the idea is to turn it on before getting to a rapid charger.

Hi all, hope you have all been getting MORE positive results from mg regarding delivery dates. The reason I came on is now that it is getting cooler I was wondering if there is any benefit from using the battery heater at any particular time, I would be grateful if you could advise me on this matter.
Is this an option in the infotainment system and/or app?

Is the battery heating only for use before you do any charging. Or on a cold day, say an hour before you go out, can you plug in your in home charger and turn on battery heating. Will this heat the battery up so you have a longer range when you leave and go on your journey. Will the power for the pre heating of the battery come from the plugged in charger ?

Is the battery heating only for use before you do any charging. Or on a cold day, say an hour before you go out, can you plug in your in home charger and turn on battery heating. Will this heat the battery up so you have a longer range when you leave and go on your journey. Will the power for the pre heating of the battery come from the plugged in charger ?
Yes, yes and not exactly.
Power to heat the battery will come from the battery itself. If you are plugged in and not outside of a scheduled charge period the charger will replenish the battery at the same time, but depending on how much power the heater draws (which I don't know) it may be at a slower rate.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be nice if the battery temp was displayed on one of the screen so we would know if the battery heating was required. Just a thought.
I read somewhere, the optimum temperature the battery operates at is around or just over 20 deg C, so if the ambient air temperature is less than that then you could apply heating if required.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom