Battery Heating Always on - New Owner

ksadd123

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have my car less than 3 weeks now. Still learning about it but saw a video on YouTube about battery and shows a "Battery" Option in Tab in the infotainment screen, shows a option for "Battery Heating Always On".

Am I missing an update. My dealer said my car was all updated when I got it.

Thanks

1613077587359.png

Where are you based? That update was intended for very cold countries like those in Scandinavia.

If you going to charge on a very cold day then need to manually switch it on a little before and should get a faster charge esp rapid CCS charging.
Otherwise leave it off to get better range.

Where are you based? That update was intended for very cold countries like those in Scandinavia.

If you going to charge on a very cold day then need to manually switch it on a little before and should get a faster charge esp rapid CCS charging.
Hi,

I'm in the UK, Yorkshire. That may be why I don't have that update.

Thanks for the info.

I'm in Yorkshire too and considering the last couple of weeks I'm thinking that it would be wise to get it done. I think I'm right in saying that it's for use whenever the temperature is sub 5 degrees which has been most of the last month...

Will lose the auto function so if you forgot to manually select it do it in the very cold it may cause issues.

Also they may other side effects to the update that are not as yet recognised...maybe worth waiting til next winter.

In Denmark we don't have it. Norway has it, maybe Austria and other people in the Alps!

In Denmark we don't have it. Norway has it, maybe Austria and other people in the Alps!
Correct. There are very specific conditions that need to be present for it to work. I did see a video about it on YouTube, but I don't remember who posted it.

Mike Procter kindly made a video about a month ago after having it installed at an additional cost... from what I understood, he didn't really find any benefit from it , as it kicks in at minus 10C
.. which would probably help in Scotland but not anywhere else in UK

I had heard that it doesn't actually improve the rapid charging speeds. I was due to get it, but the dealer cancelled (after having my car for the day). Apparently there were some problems with it.
I would love something to improve rapid speeds though!

Mike Procter kindly made a video about a month ago after having it installed at an additional cost... from what I understood, he didn't really find any benefit from it , as it kicks in at minus 10C
.. which would probably help in Scotland but not anywhere else in UK
It’s not always cold in Scotland.
I can even remember one day (I think it was July 2001) when it didn’t rain.

Stop showing off - we all know it’s not true 🙂

I realise this is an old thread, but thought I'd post as My MG5 LR collected in Sep came with this option in the menu. I'm inclined to leave it off.

I think it resets to off each time car is turned off. I turned it on recently when doing rapid charger at 0oC and car definitely charged faster (than the other unit I tried first with heater turned off)

I think it resets to off each time car is turned off. I turned it on recently when doing rapid charger at 0oC and car definitely charged faster (than the other unit I tried first with heater turned off)
I don't have that option on my MG5 SR September 2021

I just bought mg5 long range . I have this option but whenever i try to turn it on after few seconds it turn off automatically. Does any one have this problem ? I will appreciate help thanks

I had heard that it doesn't actually improve the rapid charging speeds. I was due to get it, but the dealer cancelled (after having my car for the day). Apparently there were some problems with it.
I would love something to improve rapid speeds though!
Bjorn Nyland has just released his 1000 km challenge video and praises the ZS EV facelift for its overall charging speeds. Are you charging from 20% to gauge speed?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom