Battery heating switch

Dave53

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all, having just had the ZS EV since early December so not sure if it was on the earlier models, I’ve come across a YouTube video that shows a graphic on the centre screen when you choose the economy mode and on the infotainment screen in the car menus there’s a battery option, when you open it gives you option to have the battery heating on continuous not sure if that was removed on the comfort2 update, can anybody confirm?
Link to video

Its another buggy update that you don't want.
It wasn't rolled out in UK, although one or two people paid to have it installed.
It's designed for climates where -10 C temp like Alps and in theory can manually warm the battery to get optimal rapid recharging.
Ours are on automatic.

Regarding the centre graphics some of the early cars had these like mine, it was there before the Comfort 2 update and I still have it. The later models don’t seem to have them...

Its another buggy update that you don't want.
It wasn't rolled out in UK, although one or two people paid to have it installed.
It's designed for climates where -10 C temp like Alps and in theory can manually warm the battery to get optimal rapid recharging.
Ours are on automatic.
I wondered if that was the case.

Regarding the centre graphics, some of the early cars had these like mine, it was there before the Comfort 2 update and I still have it. The later models don’t seem to have them...
I find it hard to understand why they would remove things or alter the software from the original, surely when you update the software you remove bugs in that particular build number and ad to the original software not bring out a new package for a later model, I can't get my head around their thinking.

There's quite a bit of discussion on these topics, should be able to find them if you search the forum.
I wanted the fancy graphics :cry:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom