Battery heating while driving.

bcrawley57

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I noticed the option to heat batteries while driving. Apart from the obvious, it heats batteries! What are the real world uses for this please?

If you warm the battery in cold climates prior to a fast charge you will get higher charge rates. A lot of things about battery temps on Bjorn Nyland's YouTube channel.

Doesn't work for me since I had a firmware update last year..it switches on then goes off within 5 secs ... I'm hoping to get it fixed for this winter, as my charge rate dropped to about 30kW from 90... Doesn't make for a quick stop when you're doing long journeys...

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't work for me since I had a firmware update last year..it switches on then goes off within 5 secs ... I'm hoping to get it fixed for this winter, as my charge rate dropped to about 30kw from 90..doesn't make for a quick stop when you're doing long journeys...
Same here. Did you ever get a fix for this? Sounds like I may have to get the car back to the dealer.

Same here. Did you ever get a fix for this? Sounds like I may have to get the car back to the dealer.
I had it booked in at the beginning of the month, unfortunately, I really needed the car that day, so I rang the previous day and passed a message to the engineer to ask whether this was an anomaly that has come up before. ...no answer... I just wanted to know that if I left it at the service centre it would get sorted, but usual crap MG service..so I'm no better off.

Just booked mine in for diagnostic test. Service guy said he thought it wouldn't work below 5C. I don't have much faith in their level of awareness on this!

Hopefully you won't have cancel like I did ..I wouldn't mind but it only got it's 2nd service the month before..and I asked them, but the "technical team" was off

My SR doesn't have battery heating, wish it did. I see a marked drop in charging speed when the weather gets cold.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom