Battery issue

Bill Pillar

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi New to the forum and finding loads of info, however i believe others have been having range issue along with myself. I've just had a phone call from my dealer to say that MG released an update yesterday and to take my car in. Hope this helps someone and solves our issues!!

Hi New to the forum and finding loads of info, however i believe others have been having range issue along with myself. I've just had a phone call from my dealer to say that MG released an update yesterday and to take my car in. Hope this helps someone and solves our issues!!
Welcome! Yes the latest bug fix is rolling out...

Are the dealers treating this as a recall .if not does anyone know if it will be free of charge or not ?

Are the dealers treating this as a recall .if not does anyone know if it will be free of charge or not ?

The updated fix is free of charge here in Norway. I wouldn't expect it to be otherwise in the UK since it's not an optional update rather a fix for faulty software.

Mine is going in on Friday. I purchased the car in Dec. 2020, so I got all the bad stuff from the get go. Now at full charge the car is claiming 163 Km (101 miles) in range which is 100 km LESS than the advertised range! I'm hopeful that I can at least achieve 240-250 km in the winter after the update.....fingers crossed.

Last edited:
In my case I'm unsure as I've had a few bugs and issues since purchasing the car in late December. The range was one of those issues and I struggled to get over 100 miles after a full charge and then only had 20 miles range left after travelling 50. The software issue was mentioned by the dealer who rang me today to say it had been rolled out and could I bring the car in.
I do need to say however I love the car and the dealer has been very helpful in sorting everything so I have no complaints as yet

In my case I'm unsure as I've had a few bugs and issues since purchasing the car in late December. The range was one of those issues and I struggled to get over 100 miles after a full charge and then only had 20 miles range left after travelling 50. The software issue was mentioned by the dealer who rang me today to say it had been rolled out and could I bring the car in.
I do need to say however I love the car and the dealer has been very helpful in sorting everything so I have no complaints as yet
What are you unsure about?

Bill who is your dealer?

Thats only after the first charge you will have to see what gom you get after a few charges .its looking good
Yes the dealer said it would take a few charges to settle down hopefully all's good just hoping that the 50 mile return mileage to work now lasts I used to have 15 left from 102!!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom