Battery life

benb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
My zs is 10 months old now an where as it always showed 163m range after a full charge now it only shows 162. I have reset the mile per kilowatt button etc. I know this is only 1 mile and not worth bothering but I am just curious, is a gentle reduction over time normal? Thank you

All batteries degrade over time, totally normal. I would say that the loss of just one mile in almost a year is better than average

I know this is only 1 mile and not worth bothering but I am just curious, is a gentle reduction over time normal? Thank you
No - Not worth bothering - Correct.
Yes - A gentle reduction over time - Correct.
This has been witnessed by other members who have covered a few miles and cars that are a couple of years old.
This has been covered extensively in another thread liked to the BMS update.
There is a LOT of reading involved in regards to that subject matter 🤣.
As a quick yard stick, our previous ZS EV was over two years old and covered almost 20,000 miles.
After a fully charge and balance and both trips reset to zero prior to charging, the predicted range in normal mode and Regen level 3 was estimating 154 miles.
Started life at the base line 163 miles and slowly over time reduced down gradually.
Pack voltage remained stable at around 448 volts after a charge and balance with everything turned off.
Hope this gives you a idea of what has be witnessed.
Not just by myself, others owners have seen similar results.
In a article I read only the other day, it stated that on average expect a 2% reduction in SOH yearly.
This a general average, but I think it is fairly accurate assumption to be perfectly honest.
Mileage covered and the amount of charging session etc and what type of unit you have used ( A/C or D/C ) can be a driving factor in this prediction of course.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom