Battery management software update

Jeff

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
I had the battery management software update done and still not sure that this has done,the only thing I found is now the car will charge where the doors are locked or unlocked, the technician just said the update was to prevent the main battery fuse from blowing leaving you broken-down,does anyone know if it stops the car going into sleep mode,allowing me to plug in anytime and the smart charger switching on on off-peak only

Hi Jeff, if your eZS has had the hvb fuse update, then it is fully up to date.

Wake up to charge was an earlier bms update and should be no problem for you.

Enjoy your new car and feel free to ask anything.

Thank you Lee but I do not know what the hub fuse update is,I have a rolec smart charger and ev.energy app and when I plug in to the smart charger it does a trickle charge of 1kw an hour to stop the car going into sleep mode, so with the update I had, the smart charger still does the trickle charge, I have emailed EV energy to ask if they can switch that off, but I do not want then to if the car still goes into sleep mode

Thank you Lee but I do not know what the hub fuse update is,I have a rolec smart charger and ev.energy app and when I plug in to the smart charger it does a trickle charge of 1kw an hour to stop the car going into sleep mode, so with the update I had, the smart charger still does the trickle charge, I have emailed EV energy to ask if they can switch that off, but I do not want then to if the car still goes into sleep mode
Apparently they are quite happy to switch the trickle on and off as required, I've not tested my Rolec charger properly yet so I'm not sure about turning the trickle off as of writing :)

Both of us have had the HV battery update and informed the people at EV energy that we no longer wanted the trickle charge. Since then the timed charges have worked perfectly.

Sorry for the jargon, the battery management software update that you mentioned is the same as hvb (high voltage battery) fuse update.

It updated battery protection software to prevent failure of the hvb fuse. It also updated a couple of other modules. If you search my posts I talk about it in detail.

I will let others advise about trickle charging, I’ve not used my home charger yet and don’t plan to.

Sorry for the jargon, the battery management software update that you mentioned is the same as hvb (high voltage battery) fuse update.

It updated battery protection software to prevent failure of the hvb fuse. It also updated a couple of other modules. If you search my posts I talk about it in detail.

I will let others advise about trickle charging, I’ve not used my home charger yet and don’t plan to.
Hi Lee,

I am just being curious by why don't you plan to use your Home charger?, I use mine ALL the time, if not being driven its plugged in!!!

Regards

Frank

PS You have probably seen my thoughts on charging, I don't care about the battery, just the same as I did not care about my Petrol or diesel engines. I let the warranty do the worrying for me. I do however always service my vehicles. I have not always got new cars but when I have I let the warranty worry for me.

Hi @Frank , it’s because there is a free electricity incentive in West Yorkshire for the next 13 months. I have access to a whole network of 50kW chargers. All from renewable sources too. Just today been for a round trip to the village of Otley for a cuppa.

As a Yorkshireman I cannot turn down free anything. I’ve used over 350 kWh hours since September the 4th. I am like a pig in muck.

Yes I’ve seen your thoughts on charging and you are right not to care. There are computers and programs that can manage the battery for us. I’m reassured by the warranty too, one of the benefits of a new car.

have a nice weekend. :)

Hi @Frank , it’s because there is a free electricity incentive in West Yorkshire for the next 13 months. I have access to a whole network of 50kW chargers. All from renewable sources too. Just today been for a round trip to the village of Otley for a cuppa.

As a Yorkshireman I cannot turn down free anything. I’ve used over 350 kWh hours since September the 4th. I am like a pig in muck.

Yes I’ve seen your thoughts on charging and you are right not to care. There are computers and programs that can manage the battery for us. I’m reassured by the warranty too, one of the benefits of a new car.

have a nice weekend. :)
lee,

As a Scotsman I am the same. I am lucky to have an electrical supply that is not metered and I pay the same amount each month (directly out of my salary) no matter what I use so I suppose my electricity for the car is arguably free. This is one of the main reasons why I went electric. Good luck accessing the free chargers as long as it lasts.

Regards

Frank

PS Can any EV driver access these chargers as I have a couple of weeks leave coming up in October and would not mind driving around Yorkshire (I live in Dumfries, and many years ago spent (living) many years in and around Catterick/Richmond and Ripon (don't know if these towns are in the part of Yorkshire you have the free chargers though).
PPS I have just registered with Engie

Last edited:
Hi, you beat me to it. Engie is the network and you can search for chargers on the web app or you can filter on zap maps. Otley or wetherby look like your best bet. Feel free to pop over the border for a free charge anytime.

Your electricity arrangement sounds perfect. I’m going to look into solar panels next. Having an electric car with free electric is amazing. All the best and I might see you around.

Hi, you beat me to it. Engie is the network and you can search for chargers on the web app or you can filter on zap maps. Otley or wetherby look like your best bet. Feel free to pop over the border for a free charge anytime.

Your electricity arrangement sounds perfect. I’m going to look into solar panels next. Having an electric car with free electric is amazing. All the best and I might see you around.
Lee,

Looks like a visit to old haunts is on the board.

Regards

Frank 😁

Hi all

Having had my first service which included the battery management update.. I find now that the range has dropped dramatically

On a recent 40 mile trip where my guage showed 3.4 miles per Kwh ..my range dropped from 75 miles at start to 10 miles at finish...Is anybody else having this issue post software update?

Hi all

Having had my first service which included the battery management update.. I find now that the range has dropped dramatically

On a recent 40 mile trip where my guage showed 3.4 miles per Kwh ..my range dropped from 75 miles at start to 10 miles at finish...Is anybody else having this issue post software update?
Winter time My Friend. Using the heater always means less range 🤪.
I just got the BMS update one month ago. Nice to be able to charge the car without having to lock the car.

lee,

As a Scotsman I am the same. I am lucky to have an electrical supply that is not metered and I pay the same amount each month (directly out of my salary) no matter what I use so I suppose my electricity for the car is arguably free. This is one of the main reasons why I went electric. Good luck accessing the free chargers as long as it lasts.

Regards

Frank

PS Can any EV driver access these chargers as I have a couple of weeks leave coming up in October and would not mind driving around Yorkshire (I live in Dumfries, and many years ago spent (living) many years in and around Catterick/Richmond and Ripon (don't know if these towns are in the part of Yorkshire you have the free chargers though).
PPS I have just registered with Engie
Just be aware Engie is only available for free in West Yorkshire. The towns you mentioned are all in North Yorkshire and as @lee graham mentioned Wetherby is possibly the most northern option.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom