Battery percentage and size

rosus89

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I went for my first charge today of the MG4 SR, the battery showed 20% and charged it up to 91%. In the app it shows that I have used 25.8kWh to charge 70% which doesn't really match the actual battery size.
Is this normal?

Close enough ... 20% to 70% is 50%. Usable battery in the SR is 50.8 kWh ... 50% of that is 25.4 kWh. (The % values are rounded, so the 20% start might have been 19.6% for example).

Close enough ... 20% to 70% is 50%. Usable battery in the SR is 50.8 kWh ... 50% of that is 25.4 kWh. (The % values are rounded, so the 20% start might have been 19.6% for example).
The OP said it went from 20% to 91% so charged 70% of the battery capacity. 70% of 50kWh usable battery is 35kWh
As 25.8kWh was used for 70% capacity it implies the batter is only 37kWh

The OP said it went from 20% to 91% so charged 70% of the battery capacity. 70% of 50kWh usable battery is 35kWh
As 25.8kWh was used for 70% capacity it implies the batter is only 37kWh
Yes! Those were my calculations as well. Is there a part of the battery that is reserved or a flow with the batteries on my vehicle?

Yes! Those were my calculations as well. Is there a part of the battery that is reserved or a flow with the batteries on my vehicle?
No reserved battery on a SR. LFP doesn't need it, is happy to fully charge and discharge. I am thinking that it could be a measurement error, or battery isn't balanced: has it been recently charged to 100% on a non-rapid charge? SR needs that regularly.

this was the first charge since I bought the vehicle, it was charged to 100% by the dealership, charging it to 100% on a non rapid charger isn't an option.

I charged my SE SR the other day, from 50% to 100%. Charge time was 4 hours 15 minutes and the wall box was showing around 6.8 kW, with the iSMART app showing about 6.3 kW (~93% efficiency, although the values fluctuated a bit). That charge time is about right for ~25 kWh of charge at that rate.

I went for my first charge today of the MG4 SR, the battery showed 20% and charged it up to 91%. In the app it shows that I have used 25.8kWh to charge 70% which doesn't really match the actual battery size.
Is this normal?
what did the rapid charge charge you? That is how many KW did it say you charged?

That`s way is better than mine. I only get 2.6 with on ECO power saving mode and AC off, 2 on normal with AC on or off.. never goes below 2

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back