BATTERY PROBLEM

FAC

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
About 2 weeks ago I went to start my car and loads of warnings appeared stating that certain systems were not available and to start the car as the battery was low. The car would not allow me to start it. I called MG dealer who said call MG assist, who came out and used something to start the car and the report her wrote was - Started your vehicle, tested your battery, charging system and tested for electrical discharge. He said to leave the car running for several hours. I then made a trip out the next day and when I switched the engine off the following warning appeared - battery low do not leave standing for more than three days. I made a journey of 40 miles but the next day the same message appears. I contacted the dealer and they can't check it until Wednesday 17 April. The message appears every other day and yesterday I was back to it doing the original not starting at all. I am having to charge the battery nearly every day go anywhere. I thought that the large battery pack should keep the battery charged if it gets low. The car is less than 2 year old. Any ideas.

If you are a low mileage driver then you are not given the battery a enough charge when driving around and slowly the 12V battery will deteriorate and then not hold charge, that was you warning that came up. Just like with a ICE car come out after a few very cold mornings then go to start the and all you get is click. Save you self some money and just get the 12V battery changed as it has had it and only has one year warranty. If you are a low mileage driver then would recommend getting a solar panel that sits on the dashboard and trickle charge the 12 V battery, probably through the power outlet at the bottom there, you get them from Halfords. If you still have the same problem then have the test done as described in your first posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the battery termnal connectors are not loose.

I had this a few months back and eventually found that one (the foremost one, can't remember polarity) was not tight. I tightened it and the problem has not reoccurred.

I hope this helps!

Anyone identified what the battery actually is? I have read threads where there is some confusion as to what replacement should be bought. Lead Acid or AGM? I would have thought it would be AGM which is more suitable in this type of usage.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom