Battery switch

ArfurM

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
..So.. What's the "Battery" switch, to the right of the "KERS" switch, for? I downloaded the manual, and it's not referenced at all, not even numbered in the diagrams...

..12 hrs to go 'til pick-up.. :)

Arf

Ahh, right, thanks... funny how it's not mentioned in the owner's manual.

The battery switch is no longer on the car. I believe it was on pre production versions, but not in production cars. The main display was changed to always show the battery state, so they unlabelled the button and we now have a button that doesn't do anything. Hence no mention in the manual.

Yeah, I was going to say, given the battery state display, it would appear to be redundant. I'm sure on the demo I drove, it was still labelled, but no matter....

Yeah, I see now... it's not marked any more... I may add a decal that says "Oscillation Overthruster"... THAT'LL get people wondering :)

Arf

Been said before: it would be nice if it displayed the percentage
? pretty certain that's what the big % number on the left right next to the speedo does...

Attachments

• 20210620_185622.jpg
    20210620_185622.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 147
I think people on here don't read which forum the question is posted on. MG5 does have percentage. MG ZS doesn't.
It does, but you can only see it when you're charging. ;)
Personally, on the ZS, I look at the 8 bar battery gauge as I would a fuel gauge on an ICE and the yellow low battery warning as a low fuel warning light on an ICE.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom