Battery type 1 or 2

slmorgan42

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just looking through the manual before my MG5 Facelift arrives. I noticed it refers to battery type 1 or 2 with different information on each.

Is there really two different types for the facelift MG5?

I think you can only download the manual for the original MG5 and that has information on both the SR and LR, but the facelift is only LR. The difference in range between the SE and Trophy seems to be down to aerodynamics and wheel size rather than different batteries

I think you can only download the manual for the original MG5 and that has information on both the SR and LR, but the facelift is only LR. The difference in range between the SE and Trophy seems to be down to aerodynamics and wheel size rather than different batteries
Thanks I did manage to find on the MG site a place where you enter the vin and it took me to a facelift version. I am guessing there will be two version of the Facelift. It talks about charge time so I will do the maths when i get a chance and work out which is which :)

Thanks I did manage to find on the MG site a place where you enter the vin and it took me to a facelift version. I am guessing there will be two version of the Facelift. It talks about charge time so I will do the maths when i get a chance and work out which is which :)
Please share the facelift version of the manual if you have it! I don’t have my new vin yet but would love to have the correct manual :)

On the following thread there are links to MG5 facelift manual.
(Post was from Netherlands and the pictures in the manual - which is in English - are for Left Hand Drive car, but I presume the contents are basically the same as a UK manual would be.

Those links don't work. They were likely one time download links provided to the original poster.

@slmorgan42 if you get a moment free at your computer I'd really appreciate a copy (perhaps even just attached here, or I could give you my email address, or whatever).

I have the manual.
It's very heavily compressed so low quality but that's how it came :)

Attachments

• MG5_Owner_Manual_EN_11zon.pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 132
Those links don't work. They were likely one time download links provided to the original poster.

@slmorgan42 if you get a moment free at your computer I'd really appreciate a copy (perhaps even just attached here, or I could give you my email address, or whatever).
Hey
Sorry I have been trying to do this but they are a little large. I see Alb has got it up loaded :)

Hey
Sorry I have been trying to do this but they are a little large. I see Alb has got it up loaded :)
The manual above is for European version, not UK version. Can you share the location that you download the manual (I now have my VIN) so I can grab my own? :)

The manual above is for European version, not UK version. Can you share the location that you download the manual (I now have my VIN) so I can grab my own? :)
Try this may be the same

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom