Battery Voltage

scubaginty

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,
Due to pick my ZS trophy up tomorrow, my dealer has sent me a 30 minute video of the car controls and charging point to get familiarized and to see if i need to ask any questions.
watching the video I came across this screen and the percentage of charge and estimated mileage in sport.
is the voltage at 384 volt normal.

think I have seen elsewhere on this forum that it is around 440.

should I be asking any questions on this tomorrow.

Thanks
mg battery.png

Hi all,
Due to pick my ZS trophy up tomorrow, my dealer has sent me a 30 minute video of the car controls and charging point to get familiarized and to see if i need to ask any questions.
watching the video I came across this screen and the percentage of charge and estimated mileage in sport.
is the voltage at 384 volt normal.

think I have seen elsewhere on this forum that it is around 440.

should I be asking any questions on this tomorrow.

Thanks
View attachment 10829
Cheeky ask is there anyway you can share the video? I understand if not.

Short or long range? Voltage on the long range is around 405v fully charged.

I think you're thinking of the mk1
The picture shown by the OP suggests Gen 2 facelift model.
The battery 🔋 voltage on the facelift models are lower than the original Gen 1 models.
These can be around 456 volts or 448 volts if you have received the BMS update.
Upper voltage on the Gen 2 models, tend to be more inline with the voltage seen on the MG 5’s at around 405 volts when fully charged, as @Merry suggests.
The SR and the LR face lift models, have different battery chemistry, so this upper voltage may be slightly different.

The picture shown by the OP suggests Gen 2 facelift model.
The battery 🔋 voltage on the facelift models are lower than the original Gen 1 models.
These can be around 456 volts or 448 volts if you have received the BMS update.
Upper voltage on the Gen 2 models, tend to be more inline with the voltage seen on the MG 5’s at around 405 volts when fully charged, as @Merry suggests.
The SR and the LR face lift models, have different battery chemistry, so this upper voltage may be slightly different.
Just the information I was looking for - thanks for that little gem. I was seeing the higher figures everywhere - @Merry gave the information, and now you've provided the details - thanks to both of you.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom