BCM update (recall)

zAndy1

Established Member
Reaction score
Barton upon Humber, England,United Kingdom
Seen this post on FB
'Due to pick this (march 23 mg4 with 1k miles) up tomorrow and the dealer has just phoned me to say there is a safety recall outstanding on it so can't release it to me.

I've called 2 different MG's and they've said nothing is outstanding for this except a BCM update but it's not a safety related one.

Anyone else experienced this? Anyone know what the BCM update is for?

It's totally thrown everything off as I'd already taken time off for it and arranged insurance to switch across.'

Is anyone else aware of a recall for a BCM update and if so what models does it affect exactly? What's the update for? Is it to do with the radar and LKA / collision avoidance issues?

Ta

Seen this post on FB
'Due to pick this (march 23 mg4 with 1k miles) up tomorrow and the dealer has just phoned me to say there is a safety recall outstanding on it so can't release it to me.

I've called 2 different MG's and they've said nothing is outstanding for this except a BCM update but it's not a safety related one.

Anyone else experienced this? Anyone know what the BCM update is for?

It's totally thrown everything off as I'd already taken time off for it and arranged insurance to switch across.'

Is anyone else aware of a recall for a BCM update and if so what models does it affect exactly? What's the update for? Is it to do with the radar and LKA / collision avoidance issues?

Ta
I pick
Mine up Monday from MG dealer , just asked him
, he hasn’t heard anything about a safety recall either.

BCM = Body Control Module. As @tsedge mentioned there was a recall at the beginning of this year to resolve a "locking in" issue. (My recall was done in January). However I'm surprised that a March '23 car hasn't already had that recall done (if it even needed it in the first place - it should have come already done at PDI if necessary).

Pretty sure it's not the 'locking in' issue, think it's something related to cameras / radar
That's a Service Campaign item (the bulletin will be SCxxxx) not a recall (which would be RCxxx, like the locking in one was RC008) ... but dealers often use the terms interchangeably. :)

I was having a moan at my dealer a couple of weeks ago about the software misery and they booked my car in to test and have updates and when they checked the system there was a recall for software on my March 23 Trophy that concerned several modules. Obviously they didn't know which ones but are hopeful in conjunction with a Head Unit update will solve a number of my issues around LKA/AEB/Charger compatibility plus black screen on the head unit and Android Auto issues and Bluetooth drop outs. I'll try and get details when/if completed

Could be the camera issue too. Mines hopefully getting that done in November.

I have just had my booking details confirmed and it says this regarding the software recall

carry out MG campaign SCUK001 Software updates to be completed (EVCC, FDR, BCM, FICM)

FICM forward information camera module?
FDR forward something radar
BCM body control module
EVCC charge control?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member