Best place to sell my MG 5

AlexW

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I love my MG5 LR (blue), but I'm starting a new job in August which comes with a company car, forcing me to sell my MG5.

I went to my local MG garage who quoted £22,600, whilst Cazoo offered £24,450. (I've done 8,000 miles and it's a 71 plate)

I'm just wondering if anyone else has used Cazoo to sell their car, or if you can recommend another way of selling. It's currently on PCP so I imagine privately selling is more trick.

Any help appreciated!

Motorway has worked for me previously, and I'd expect it to work well in the current market.

Cazoo bought my Vauxhall Corsa-e, all very straight forward and easy.
I got back £500 less than what I had paid for it, after 3months of ownership and putting on another 3K miles.
The did have it listed for over £3.5K more than they gave me, but I was happy for a quick hassle free sale because I had also got a new job with company car.

I suppose it all depends if you want to sell privately and wait a while or sell quickly and take a little bit less.

Cazoo are offering about the same for LR Excite at the moment. Sounds like they don't care about trim level.

I always use autotrader, you can check the valuation with them which is usually just below dealers price. A little bit more hassle but I have sold four cars with them over the years and found it straightforward and have always sold for so much more than trade in or wbac or similar.

I love my MG5 LR (blue), but I'm starting a new job in August which comes with a company car, forcing me to sell my MG5.

I went to my local MG garage who quoted £22,600, whilst Cazoo offered £24,450. (I've done 8,000 miles and it's a 71 plate)

I'm just wondering if anyone else has used Cazoo to sell their car, or if you can recommend another way of selling. It's currently on PCP so I imagine privately selling is more trick.

Any help appreciated!
Are you going back to a company ICE or EV?

Hope the sale goes well and congrats on your new job!

Sold my ZS EV to Cazoo, the simplest easiest sale I've ever made. Price quoted online is what I got paid, unlike We buy any car that knock you down for absolutely nothing. Dropped it off at local depot 15 mins, from arriving (not leaving) to having the money in my account. :)

But to answer your question, the best place to sell your MG5 is wherever YOU can can get the most money.

I must admit I would sacrifice a few bob (not TOO much mind!) for convenience these days.

Having said that my last car went for top dollar through Autotrader - though it was a fairly rare car and great condition., lo mileage etc (Vauxhall Ampera). And of course that was a private sale, which I think doesn't suit the OP.

Motorway and Carwow worked well for me. I was able to call the dealer nearest me, do a quick video call and got them to nudge their offer up a little.

Cazoo offered 20,500 for my Mercedes’ c class convertible but don’t really trust those kinds of companies because they always try to make you down. Ended up tradeing with MG EZ for over £19,000 which I thought was good because Mercedes’ and Mazda were offering less even when traded with there cars, £6000 more then I owed on finance so money in the bank and low payment on new car.

Sold my Mercedes C Class on Cazoo (to buy the MG5) Good price quoted - absolutely no messing about with the price quoted. By that, I mean, they didn't scrutinise every wee stone chip and try to knock down the price - none of that nonsense. Pleasant sales transaction - Money in bank within a couple of hours. Brilliant - in my opinion. Hope this helps you with your decision

Any help appreciated!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom