Best Trip to date...

My longest journey since pick up. Went to show my mechanic up at claycross and came back through the peak District. I'm proper impressed, my leaf would have never made it. I think the out side temp helped.
IMG_20210331_114621.jpg

I went out last night to run an errand and started on a full charge with driving mainly on motorways and A class roads (just a bit of town driving), I got 110 miles before I got the 'low battery' warning on the dash and went to Edinburgh Airport Park 'n' Ride to give it 30mins on the CCS rapid charger.

Although I was very anxious, I found that I had 19% battery when I started charging and, after half an hour, I left to go home with 71% charge.

I've read somewhere that when the battery charge gauge goes down to 1 bar, the car will still have 20% charge but I must admit, I'm not brave enough to go much further when I get the low battery warning and will head for the nearest charger - I suppose that's what the system's designed for!

Cheers

Bloggsy

I kind of hope for more than 110 miles before it tells me I have a low battery!

Yeah - WLTP says the wife's ZS EV has 160 miles and I worked out the journey was a 130 miles round trip so was not expecting to need a charge!

I may have got the remaining 20 miles out of the last bar of charge but, as I've said, I'm not brave enough to try it ;) 😂

I must admit I was trying to be 'good' on the motorway and remained, mostly, at 70mph and was in 'Normal' mode which really does sap the charge. I'm going to try the same journey in 'Eco' next time and see how much further I can get - hopefully, I'll make it home!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Yeah - WLTP says the wife's ZS EV has 160 miles and I worked out the journey was a 130 miles round trip so was not expecting to need a charge!

I may have got the remaining 20 miles out of the last bar of charge but, as I've said, I'm not brave enough to try it ;) 😂

I must admit I was trying to be 'good' on the motorway and remained, mostly, at 70mph and was in 'Normal' mode which really does sap the charge. I'm going to try the same journey in 'Eco' next time and see how much further I can get - hopefully, I'll make it home!

Cheers

Bloggsy
What mpk did you achieve? That’s the key really. I think we’re hijacking the MG5 thread!

What mpk did you achieve? That’s the key really. I think we’re hijacking the MG5 thread!

:eek: Sorry - I've only just noticed that this is in the MG5 forum! My apologies everyone!

I'll stop updating this thread with my final update that I think I saw 3.8 - I've since reset the mileage so can't confirm.

Cheers

Bloggsy

I went out last night to run an errand and started on a full charge with driving mainly on motorways and A class roads (just a bit of town driving), I got 110 miles before I got the 'low battery' warning on the dash and went to Edinburgh Airport Park 'n' Ride to give it 30mins on the CCS rapid charger.

Although I was very anxious, I found that I had 19% battery when I started charging and, after half an hour, I left to go home with 71% charge.

I've read somewhere that when the battery charge gauge goes down to 1 bar, the car will still have 20% charge but I must admit, I'm not brave enough to go much further when I get the low battery warning and will head for the nearest charger - I suppose that's what the system's designed for!

Cheers

Bloggsy
I've been TOOOO close for comfort 3 times now!! All unfortunate and not wholly my fault.

The most recent was at Dalwhinnie about 3 weeks ago on a cold, windy and wet night. I left Dunkeld after an 80% charge showing 134 miles, knowing that I'd make Kingussie (56 miles) but only just made Dalwhinnie (43 miles) with --- showing for the last 5 miles!!!

And the Dalwhinnie charger wasn't working, but it never is!! ChargePlace Scotland - should be renamed Charge Place Your Bet Scotland!!! 😂

Bit disappointed today.
Drove from Birmingham to Winchester. Currently on way back near Oxford.
Steady 65 mph on motorway and duel carriageways. Heater on for much of the way (cold day today) but not blasting. Used radio and Satnav all journey through Android Auto. Economy mode. 3.2 miles per KWH on average so far.

3.2mpk sounds about right. The heater will have taken around 0.5mpk off your mpk and as you say it’s not a warm day. I did 116mile at 3.7mpk the other day but it was a lot warmer 14c and i had no heater on - but similar trip motorway/a-roads etc - average mph 38

Attachments

• 6C7DCB2B-A7EA-453C-9258-253651DC91FB.jpeg
    6C7DCB2B-A7EA-453C-9258-253651DC91FB.jpeg
    299.9 KB · Views: 156
Sorry - i keep forgetting that this is a MG5 thread! Same principles apply though 🙂!

73 miles yesterday from 33per cent of our 5's battery across the Peak District, cold day, two spots of heating

My very first drive on day one in my MG5 staying to speed limits 30/to 60 mph did get to around 70 for about 2/3 miles just driving normally and switching between normal and eco modes and trying the KERS settings out to see what it does got lots more points to make soon still getting around it yet

Attachments

• 62D08595-CB5D-4ED5-A1D6-6E743D413059.jpeg
    62D08595-CB5D-4ED5-A1D6-6E743D413059.jpeg
    274.1 KB · Views: 129
My very first drive on day one in my MG5 staying to speed limits 30/to 60 mph did get to around 70 for about 2/3 miles just driving normally and switching between normal and eco modes and trying the KERS settings out to see what it does got lots more points to make soon still getting around it yet
Very good, hope you enjoy the car

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom