Best wax to use

Yu1234

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Now that the weather in the UK is starting to pick upšŸ¤ž, what do other ZsEv users use after washing car, to give a nice finish to paintwork and give protection?
I have the black pearl Zs, and have been looking online at various wax and spray protection products, with varying reviews.
Opinions from Zs, notably the black coloured one, users would be greatly appreciated

I use autoglym aqua wash .really easy to use .the car doesn't need to be completely dry and you apply it with a damp cloth buffs off easy and its ok to do the glass and plastics without any problems .i don't do the windscreen ,but maybe you can i just prefer not to.

I use turtle wax - wax it wet. spray on the wet car after washing and dry it off!

Attachments

• BB8AC207-7DAD-4B51-B1B7-0DE3DA778DE6.jpeg
    BB8AC207-7DAD-4B51-B1B7-0DE3DA778DE6.jpeg
    559.7 KB · Views: 183
I have tried MANY different waxes and polishes over the years, but some how I always return to Auto Glym.
The resin polish with the red label is the favoured ā€œGo Toā€ option.
All detailing products is a massive subject on its own.
Wax polish can be hard work on a sunny day.
The Auto Glym resin polish can be used in all conditions with out to much hard work.
Their glass polish is good also, better than the fast glass spray.
A lot of their stuff is pretty good to be totally honest.
You canā€™t go wrong with it really.
A micro fibre applicator pad and a couple of large good quality polishing clothes.
DONā€™T - Use a sponge šŸ§½ to wash your car either !.
Contact washing with a low setting on a jet washer first, followed by a snow foam if you want to go the full hit !.
I find the paint on the MG to be a little on the soft side, it can scratch and mark fairly easily.
It really depends on just how far you want to go really !.
Oh ...... Avoid the car wash at your local super market as well.

Dark colours including black can be a nightmare for swirl marks. These really need professional polishing - or polishing by someone who knows what they are doing. Most cars come new with some swirling to the paint - most people either donā€˜t notice or find it acceptable. It all depends how far you want to go with your polishing and detailing really.

Now that the weather in the UK is starting to pick upšŸ¤ž, what do other ZsEv users use after washing car, to give a nice finish to paintwork and give protection?
I have the black pearl Zs, and have been looking online at various wax and spray protection products, with varying reviews.
Opinions from Zs, notably the black coloured one, users would be greatly appreciated
I also have a black one. I have used MER for many years on motorbikes. Have used it on my 2019 car. This can be used as a wash between polishing. Application to a wet car on a dull day. Applied sparingly on a damp cloth then rub off with a miracle cloth. Sounds difficult but I only do the full polishing twice a year. After that a bucket of soapy water does the job. Not a cheap product which you can get online. Guess you get what you pay for!

I like it but I donā€™t think itā€™s around anymore.

Pro kleen snow foam then g3 resin superwax.
Or autoglym polar and resin wax

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom