Best wax to use

Just had a "discussion" with my wife about getting a pressure washer so I can snow foam the car. I lost.

Any point in getting a foam attachment that attaches to a hose?

Slightly worried about the paintwork as heard mixed messages. My standard wash used to be spray down with hose, use one of those mitt things with a bucket of bog standard car wash mixed into lukewarm water, spray down again, then dry with chamois cloth. I used to use alloy cleaner and black tyre spray. Bog standard dashboard cleaner too.

Was going to purchase Autoglym aqua wash to spray on and wipe off after the wash.

Feel free to criticise and correct this madness...

Yes it is the German one.Yes you can still buy it. Now in a black bottle. Got mine from EBay. Didn’t understand the MG ZS EV Exclusive comment but mine is. Hope this clears things up.
Black bottle? Are you sure it’s the same? It used to be in a blue bottle and was applied wet - very easy to use. I have seen MER in a black bottle but this seems different and is not applied wet.

Black bottle? Are you sure it’s the same? It used to be in a blue bottle and was applied wet - very easy to use. I have seen MER in a black bottle but this seems different and is not applied wet.
The black bottle is the new improved bottle apparently not as abrasive as the old blue stuff

I'm thinking of letting the pigeons completely cover the car in crap and see if i can buff that up, i'm fighting a losing battle!
Ditto. 😟

poop.jpg

A neighbour uses a waterless car polish on his car and I'm impressed with the result.
I've been using that mainly between washes at the local hand wash. But since the locals have been closed for lockdown I've managed to get a light coating of green moss growing in the door rubbers which would normally get blown out with their power washers, I'll have to use our lasses tooth brush to clean it out now. 🤫

Personally, I’d concentrate on getting wax on the underside than worrying about the paint protection. I’ve had a happy hour with Bilt Hammer cavity wax this afternoon

Just had a "discussion" with my wife about getting a pressure washer so I can snow foam the car. I lost.

Slightly worried about the paintwork as heard mixed messages. My standard wash used to be spray down with hose, use one of those mitt things with a bucket of bog standard car wash mixed into lukewarm water, spray down again, then dry with chamois cloth. I used to use alloy cleaner and black tyre spray. Bog standard dashboard cleaner too.

Was going to purchase Autoglym aqua wash to spray on and wipe off after the wash.

I've already got a pressure waaher that i use for cleaning paving and bbq etc but never bother rarely use it on the car .your descrption of how you clean your car is identical to me 'even down to the aqua autoglym aqua' . Works for me.

I've already got a pressure waaher that i use for cleaning paving and bbq etc but never bother rarely use it on the car .your descrption of how you clean your car is identical to me 'even down to the aqua autoglym aqua' . Works for me.
After reading that you may wonder , but yes i have got a O level in english .

I still need to get my car professionally looked at due to it being covered in micro-scratch swirls thanks to the dealer :mad:. I'm waiting until after lockdown and I'm back in paid work :cautious:

About jet washers, I have a cheapo electric one I bought from Argos (I think) years ago which is fairly powerful for cleaning stone etc. For cleaning vehicles, especially motorbikes, I use a battery powered Worx jet washer as it's not that powerful and shouldn't put water where it's not wanted. I have a few Worx tools and plenty of batteries so I never run out of power.

I once used a jet wash at my friend's garage on my dirtbike - this thing was stupidly powerful and instantly ripped the decals off! 😲

In the 7 years i was at high school between 73 and 76 i was always better at maths lol
Me too, but 1964-69. I fluked my 11+ exam and ended up at a grammar school and was way out of my depth most of the time on most subjects except maths. Got GCEs in Maths, Tech drawing, Metalwork and a CSE in Geography, failed English miserably. :LOL:
Summat ter do wi mi Yorkshire dialect I fink.

If you have reasonable water pressure I find the high pressure lance that you can buy for about £10 is perfectly adequate and not so harsh as a pressure washer.
I am not sure the ’softer’ paint used nowadays can withstand regular hard pressure washing.
Grid at bottom of bucket is also good for preventing bits of grit getting on your wash mitt and scratching.
I also think a microfibre cloth is easier than chamois for drying.

I'm far too young to remember what an O-Level is. Just.

If there's nothing wrong with my system, then I'll give it a go when I can get my arse in gear. Need a flipping step ladder to reach the roof!

If you have reasonable water pressure I find the high pressure lance that you can buy for about £10 is perfectly adequate and not so harsh as a pressure washer.
I am not sure the ’softer’ paint used nowadays can withstand regular hard pressure washing.
Grid at bottom of bucket is also good for preventing bits of grit getting on your wash mitt and scratching.
I also think a microfibre cloth is easier than chamois for drying.
Pressure isn't bad. Do you have a link for a suitable high pressure lance? If it's only a tenner, I'll be able to sneak that in without any raised eyebrows...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom