Better tyres?

It is a C, not a 6.
The tyre size don't offer the best choice, but personally I'd go for Michelin Pilot Sport 4, which are available in the size. Phenomenal tyres and totally transformed my Juke NISMO RS (high torque, FWD) from a wheel spinning mess (on OEM Conti Sport Contact 5) to a different machine.

Hi,

Has anyone changed the rubber on their MG4 yet and if so, what did you go for and what difference is it making?

Thanks,

Tom.
I am too much of a tight-arse to swap out four brand new tyres after 1000 miles.

Interesting to see other members posts re: costs though, for when the time comes.

It is a C, not a 6.
The tyre size don't offer the best choice, but personally I'd go for Michelin Pilot Sport 4, which are available in the size. Phenomenal tyres and totally transformed my Juke NISMO RS (high torque, FWD) from a wheel spinning mess (on OEM Conti Sport Contact 5) to a different machine.
So….. when the time comes, am I right in thinking these tyres would be fit for purpose, and would be a significant upgrade to the sold as seen ones?

Apologies, but I am a bit of Luddite re: tyres. I am still trying toi find out what the maximum size I can take my Z3 wheels and tyres up to (without the need for spacers. Want ‘more flames Red’ big-bassa ones, but scared of scraping the wheel arches making the car undriveable etc. 😁

So….. when the time comes, am I right in thinking these tyres would be fit for purpose, and would be a significant upgrade to the sold as seen ones?

Apologies, but I am a bit of Luddite re: tyres. I am still trying toi find out what the maximum size I can take my Z3 wheels and tyres up to (without the need for spacers. Want ‘more flames Red’ big-bassa ones, but scared of scraping the wheel arches making the car undriveable etc. 😁

Can't comment on how they'd be on an MG4, as I don't know how tyre sensitive it is (my MX-5 for eg is RWD and very tyre sensitive, but again, a totally different car), but I'm just going by my own experience of them on cars I've owned (or family members have). I've found them superb. They actually do a Pilot Sport 5 now, which apparently has longer life, with the same feel/properties of the previous Pilot Sport 4. However, the 5 isn't available on the MG4s tyre size...yet?
Wear wise, I've found them fine. Again though, depends on the car/weight/driving style/journey type etc.
Pilot Sport 4 typically have very good reviews, but appreciate that that isn't everything.

FB_IMG_1666471439809.jpg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel