Bewildered

MEH

Established Member
Reaction score
Can the Infotainment screen be switched off for/when driving, I've searched the handbook until I started to lose the will to live

Last edited:
Can the Infotainment screen be switched off for/when driving, I've searched the handbook until I started to lose the will to live
It can't be switched off fully. But you can use the clock view to only show a clockface on screen and nothing else.

On the home screen swipe down from the top between the radio station and AC display.
On the system menu select screen off.

You can have the clock displayed or just a blank screen. To toggle between the two go into settings, general, scroll down to the bottom and you'll find the option to switch the clock on or off.

Is there a dark mode option?
I’m sorry to add a comment as I didn’t have an mg4 however just wondered Is it the same as on the ZS where there is short cut/ programmable button on the steering wheel and when you pressed that it would take you to the option to shut off the screen/ put it to sleep ?

If you are having issue with Android Auto displaying in daylight mode rather than dark mode at night, if you toggle the automatic headlights off then back on it will force the screen to read the ambient light levels again and set the Android Auto screen to dark mode if it is dark.

If you are having issue with Android Auto displaying in daylight mode rather than dark mode at night, if you toggle the automatic headlights off then back on it will force the screen to read the ambient light levels again and set the Android Auto screen to dark mode if it is dark.
I prefer the dark mode even in daylight, and have similar themes applied on my laptop at work. I spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen and the dark mode helps reduce eye strain.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back