BG/Hive/EO Charger/FreeCharge troubles

Laurence1982

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi all,

Currently on BG fixed one v32, but looking at switching to the electric driver v5 tariff (looks like it'll be much cheaper to charge overnight). The other option is the Price Promise but by my calculations it'll be more expensive overall.

Hive/Freecharge so far is a joke - 50/50 as to whether it charges overnight. We have an eo mini pro 3 (had to get through BG/Hive to get the Freecharge). No credit showing on account yet (though I've been assured by other users that might just be delayed as they've had similar issues). I'd move to octopus but our car isn't supported yet and the BG electric driver v5 tariff is comparable.

So my question is whether anyone has any advice based on all that!

I think what I want/have to do is stick with BG for better rates, ignore Freecharge, and change the charger (hopefully they'll refund) to an ohme (highly recommended). Then rely on the ohme scheduling to only charge overnight (at the cheap EV rates) rather than the hive "scheduling". (Also the eo mini pro only has GPRS which may be partly/completely causing issues, whereas the ohme is 3/4G).

Any experience/advice appreciated!

Laurence

Hi, there is a thread about BG try the search bar.
MG won't release API to Octopus so you will be better off getting the Ohme as you say and switch to IOG

I'd stop with BGas for the years FreeCharge. Ive been with them since June last year, and boy what a fight it has been every step of the way!
But for now we have started to get the credits though, now to date with January's landing 29th February.

Once the year is up we may be off to Octopus, but for now enjoying the FreeCharging and doing the washing at 9p/kWh overnight !

If you don't use FreeCharge you WON'T get any credits.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom