Binding is not working

tim281080

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I have bought a second hand mg4 SE. Totally love it but having trouble binding it.

I have contacted mg customer services and they have told me that the car is unbound however when I try to bind it it constantly and immediately says "this service is not available, please try again later"

This message happens immediately after putting in my new 4 digit passcode twice. So it feels like it's not even trying to connect with mg servers.

I've been trying now for a week. Is this an issue with the app or Mg?

I have bought a second hand mg4 SE. Totally love it but having trouble binding it.

I have contacted mg customer services and they have told me that the car is unbound however when I try to bind it it constantly and immediately says "this service is not available, please try again later"

This message happens immediately after putting in my new 4 digit passcode twice. So it feels like it's not even trying to connect with mg servers.

Have you tried binding with email tim

I emailed them with my v5c documents and other details and they replied back saying that they have unbound my car.

Is there another way of binding?
Yes - create your account using your email address rather than your phone number. (You can always add your phone number later). Then try the binding process.

But the "service is not available" is usually an issue with communication with MG's server.

Tell a lie, just found an old iPhone. Logged in using my email and it bound straight away.

Now I've logged back into imsart using my android phone and it's working.

Madness haha

Hi Tim I had the same problem I was putting the 0 in my mobile phone number where the +44 is and it was not binding there is a Asian lad on YouTube who shows you how to bind the car if you are having problems I hope this helps Tim have a great time

I had to get the dealer to release the binding from the employee that had used when he borrowed the car over the weekend. (Mine was an ex demo)

Hi there the same problem I was having so I deleted the app and started again if you Go into the app make sure all your information is correct if you are putting your mobile number in please do not put the 0 in I did this and it worked straight away I was trying for two weeks I went to the dealership 3 times didn't no what to do once I watched the YouTube video how to bind MG4 the guy explained it all it was easy I really do hope this helps thanks D

Hi daz1964. New MG4 Trophy owner. I had the same problem having registered the app with email rather than phone number. I followed your instructions, registered with mobile number and it worked perfectly. Thanks S

Hi daz1964. New MG4 Trophy owner. I had the same problem having registered the app with email rather than phone number. I followed your instructions, registered with mobile number and it worked perfectly. Thanks S
Hi am so happy it worked you made my day it so annoying when it keeps saying try again later 😤😤😤 you have a great day Simon all the best Daz

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back