Binding issues with mgismart app

GeoffS

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have had my new mg4 for one week and initially after a lot of time, managed to bind my vehicle to the app. The car had to go in with issues over the sos warning light continually coming on and the fault was rectified by recharging the 12v battery and software updating the main battery. I cannot, now, access my car through the iSMART app and if I try to reset the app the QR reader on the phone cannot read a QR code as it is non existent on the screen. The dealer suggested contacting the mg helpline and the helpline suggested the dealer should be the route to take. I am pulling my hair out and hope that someone out there has had a similar problem that you have managed to resolve?

The binding of car to account is held on the MG server ... if you need that binding revoked (so you can bind again) then only MG can do that. However they may require the dealer to request this.

And it may not be a bind issue given no qr code is being given. It may well be the account that is the issue which as we know is different.

I remember this

The binding of car to account is held on the MG server ... if you need that binding revoked (so you can bind again) then only MG can do that. However they may require the dealer to request this.
Thank you for your reply. It is something I have thought of doing. As I said in my question, it did bind before and I have tried to start again but to no avail. I’ll contact the dealer.

And it may not be a bind issue given no qr code is being given. It may well be the account that is the issue which as we know is different.

I remember this

This is exactly my issue!

I have exactly the same problem. Worked before and don’t want to anymore. Can’t unbind and it says it’s already binded (but the app says it’s not). My dealer wasn’t very helpful when I bought the car so don’t have high hopes for them to be able to help me

We updated the iPhone OS (this might not be necessary) then logged in with phone number (email login is causing the issue it seems). Works fine now.

Still not working for me. Taking it to a different dealer tomorrow, hopefully they can sort it. Will post to let you know what they said / did

Have you searched the iSmart thread for help; a solution will depend on the error you are getting and whether you are on an apple or android phone? An android user not being able to login found they could when using their iPad.

If you had an account before then the app does not need to rebind. If it asks you to rebind you are not in the right account or no account.

It appears most people (can't say all because that's unknown) can login if:

1. They have accepted the new T&C's to be found at the bottom of the screen (iPhones hide it). Error indicated by grey text;

2. They login with exactly the same credentials (phone number or email address) that they used when first creating the account.

3. If they used special characters in their password then the app rejected it. They got a new password;

4. They cleared the app's cache and/or re-installed the app and then followed 1 to 3 above.

5. They used another device to login following 1 to 3 above;

If none of the above worked then your dealer will have to unbind the car from the account and then you will have to rebind.

Having this issue and it's doing my head in. I log in and it takes me to my account but its not my name, just says hello mg ismart

Can't bind as vehicle is already done, can't do anything and it's so frustrating

So I went to a dealer today and I logged in with my email and not phone. Then use my original password from before the app updated and mine is working now.

Shanew please read all the posts in this thread. If you had the account before the update then you are most likely accessing a pseudo-account. As Karina4 found above you must use exactly the same login details that you used when you first created the account after you have accepted the T&C's. If your password had special characters you may need to request a new password.

Having this issue and it's doing my head in. I log in and it takes me to my account but its not my name, just says hello mg ismart

Can't bind as vehicle is already done, can't do anything and it's so frustrating
Try logging in using your email address and not your phone number and then original password when you created the account (hopefully you can remember this or has it saved on your phone). I know it is very frustrating, specially now when the weather is cold and you can't defrost your car before you get in!

See also
@Able25 From what you have said previously version 1 of iSmart worked for you. This means there is an iSmart account bound to the car and your problem is that you can't get iSmart v2 to connect to this account. Remember that it is your iSmart account which is bound to the car, not your phone. Your phone connects to the account.
I suggest:
  1. Checking the car is not asleep and has a good wireless signal.
  2. Forgetting about binding, QR codes etc.
  3. Uninstalling the iSmart app from your phone and reinstalling it.
  4. Entering the phone number or e-mail address that you used to set up the account originally. Do not use the leading zero for the phone number.
  5. Agreeing to the terms and conditions under the login button.
  6. The login button should turn blue. If it is still greyed out, some of the information entered is incorrect.
If the login button works, you have accessed your iSmart account. Check all the functions. They should show the car's details. If not, the problem is with the connection of your iSmart account to the car, not the connection of your phone to the your iSmart account

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back