Binding my car to a new phone?

Elektrorove

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I am getting a new phone a couple of days after I get my car - MG4 Trophy - so I'll already have that bound to my current phone. Does anyone know how I bind it to my new phone? I assume I will also have to unbind from my old phone first? Has anyone done this?

The car is not bound to your phone, it's bound to your account. All you have to do is install the app on your new phone and log in. You don't have to delete it from your old phone, it will work on both, but not both at the same time. If you log in on one phone it will log you out on the other. Of course if you're getting rid of the old phone then simply delete the app

Just log on to your MG account on your new phone (using the same details) and it should connect to the car. It is the account that is linked to the car not an individual device.

Yeah the whole terminology is lost in translation:
  • 'User' is better called Account
  • 'Bind' is better called Register Account
Multiple users can use the same account details on different devices but each login logs out any other devices immediately.

The car is not bound to your phone, it's bound to your account. All you have to do is install the app on your new phone and log in. You don't have to delete it from your old phone, it will work on both, but not both at the same time. If you log in on one phone it will log you out on the other. Of course if you're getting rid of the old phone then simply delete the app
Thank you 👍

Yeah the whole terminology is lost in translation:
  • 'User' is better called Account
  • 'Bind' is better called Register Account
Multiple users can use the same account details on different devices but each login logs out any other devices immediately.
Excellent that makes sense, thanks 👍

When I got my new phone I initially put the old SIM card in it. After downloading the app it opened normally and recognised the car immediately. When my number switched to the new SIM card a couple of days later I switched the cards in the phone and everything continued to work normally.

When I got my new phone I initially put the old SIM card in it. After downloading the app it opened normally and recognised the car immediately. When my number switched to the new SIM card a couple of days later I switched the cards in the phone and everything continued to work normally.
That’s good news, doesn’t seem to be a problem then, thanks for the info 👍

"it opened normally and recognised the car immediately..." If only! Every time I get into my Trophy it has forgotten the multiple times I've paired the phone and I have to start again. Very frustrating! Anyone else had this problem and found a way round it?
Thanks in anticipation...!

"it opened normally and recognised the car immediately..." If only! Every time I get into my Trophy it has forgotten the multiple times I've paired the phone and I have to start again. Very frustrating! Anyone else had this problem and found a way round it?
Thanks in anticipation...!

Same problem but not found a solution. Sometimes the software doesn't boot up properly on starting the car. When it fails to start i think it automatically reboots. In doing that I've noticed that the phone is no longer paired.

Not 100% sure it is that, but I've not come up with any other reasoning as yet other than the software is just crap !!

Not a problem in my Trophy.

Devoniageoff, you are talking about creating a connection to be used with the iSmart App and not about 'pairing' a phone to the car using Bluetooth?

Most of the time mine doesn't automatically pair with my phone, but sometimes it does when the phone is in the house. :unsure:
When I had the Prius it would only pair automatically if the phone wasn't asleep, so I had to make sure the screen was on as I got in the car.

Hello, lucky timing for me with this conundrum👍 after getting my new phone and swapping the SIM card I can't use the app as it says to bind to the vehicle on every option...on attempting to bind again, the onboard screen states already bound and to contact customer service....
I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling and still no joy... haven't had to really use the app recently, but as the weather is soon to change I'd really like to use the preheat option on in the winter!
Has anyone had this problem too?
Thanks in advance 😊

Hello, lucky timing for me with this conundrum👍 after getting my new phone and swapping the SIM card I can't use the app as it says to bind to the vehicle on every option...on attempting to bind again, the onboard screen states already bound and to contact customer service....
I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling and still no joy... haven't had to really use the app recently, but as the weather is soon to change I'd really like to use the preheat option on in the winter!
Has anyone had this problem too?
Thanks in advance 😊
You need to use the same log-in details as you used on your previous phone. It's like logging into an on-line shopping account, the device you use doesn't matter you just need your user name and password.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back