Binding

homeguy23

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I go to bind my phone using the mg I smart app and it says to bind vehicle press here, so I press the button to bind and I get the msg saying this phone is already bound but I get nothing on the ismart app and it keeps saying bind vehicle has anyone had this problem and fixed it ?

Last edited:
Is this a brand new car (you're the first owner), or a second hand car?

This thread may help:

I go to bind my phone using the mg I smart app and it says to bind vehicle press here, so I press the button to bind and I get the msg saying this phone is already bound but I get nothing on the ismart app and it keeps saying bind vehicle has anyone had this problem and fixed it ?
Sounds like it is linked to a previous owner or the garage set it up wrong. Can you take it back to get it sorted..

It could also be you have bound it but haven't accepted terms and conditions on the car screen next tab down from binding one.

I don't recall the SE having such T&Cs boxes to tick ... but I did mine such a long time ago that I may have forgotten.

Is this a brand new car (you're the first owner), or a second hand car?

This thread may help:

Brand new

Sounds like it is linked to a previous owner or the garage set it up wrong. Can you take it back to get it sorted..
Never tried taking it back seems such a little problem to take it back with

It could also be you have bound it but haven't accepted terms and conditions on the car screen next tab down from binding one.
I defo ticked the terms and conditions

Our ex-demo came bound to someone else's account from the dealer. They promised to sort it out for us but nothing changed. In the end I emailed MG UK directly and they sorted it pretty quickly.
The question is - is it bound to your account or to someone else's?!?

I've had a lot of problems with the ismart app on my MG5, if the car is already bound MG support can unbind it, they can also reset your account to allow you to start again. Good luck.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back