Bjørn Nyland video : MG ZS EV with improved software & summer range test

Booked mine in for the software update. Great that MG are making improvements quite quickly.

Another good improvement would be a visual indicator of charge percentage when charging without needing to open the boot or do something else...perhaps an app would be a great idea....

@Mark Holmes,
You are absolutely right.
A visual indicator of level of charge without having to open the car is a must for any morden EV. An app is the most obvious solution.
I note Bjorn Nyland claims he met with MG and advised them at length. He attributes the improvements in the most recent update to the advise he gave. I also note he suggests further updates and improvements are on the way but he did not mention anything to do with an app.
I think in addition to writing to MG UK/ MG EU/ MG China, we should raise the issue with him and ask whether he has been or will be advocating for a connectivity module and app for Europe /UK.

Last edited:
App would be Great indeed, but needs 4G hardware installed in the car and EU approval in realtion to privacy matters. From what I saw on the Bjorn Nyland video's about the app in Thailand, MG has to solve a lot of issues first.

If you press the lock button on the key fob, while charging, the charge percentage and estimated time remaining is displayed on the dash. Not ideal but is slightly quicker than opening the car and doesn't interrupt charging.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom