Blind spot sensor calibration ?

RamseyLewis

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi,

On my 2022 zs the passenger blind spot detector is driving me crazy. It turn on for nothing in bright day light and even worse during the night. It work well for cars detection but detect grass or something on the road and the orange light goes on and off very often (like 4 or 5 times in 1 minute without any car passing by). Is there a way to do a calibration ? Is it a known issue ?

Thanks

Cant say i have noticed it being over sensitive on mine, from previous (non MG) experience if they are set to recalibrate it is done over a few hundred miles (500 kms i think) so who knows it may improve with a bit of mileage ??

Hi,

On my 2022 zs the passenger blind spot detector is driving me crazy. It turn on for nothing in bright day light and even worse during the night. It work well for cars detection but detect grass or something on the road and the orange light goes on and off very often (like 4 or 5 times in 1 minute without any car passing by). Is there a way to do a calibration ? Is it a known issue ?

Thanks
I have the same problem! It's particularly bad/annoying at night and seem to detect things like lampposts etc.

Do you know where this kind of sensor might be ? I think they are usually in the rear bumber
I believe that it takes a feed from the camera underneath the mirror - I do not believe it can be adjusted in any way, it's just a 'feature' (read: really bad software).

In this post (below) someone took off the rear bumber to fit a towbar, and the sensors can be easily seen.

They are the black plastic box with a white lid, that has wires going to them.

These are actually radars like the radar in the front for the adaptive cruise control.

These radars are also used for the RTA (Rear Traffic Alert) where the car will alert and brake if you are about to reverse into something or someone. For the same reason, only the models that has blindspot detection, has the RTA function, as they use the same radars.

I dont know for sure, that the blindspot system does not also use the camera in the rearview mirrors, but they are definitively using the radar as seen in the picture

In this post (below) someone took off the rear bumber to fit a towbar, and the sensors can be easily seen.

They are the black plastic box with a white lid, that has wires going to them.

These are actually radars like the radar in the front for the adaptive cruise control.

These radars are also used for the RTA (Rear Traffic Alert) where the car will alert and brake if you are about to reverse into something or someone. For the same reason, only the models that has blindspot detection, has the RTA function, as they use the same radars.

I dont know for sure, that the blindspot system does not also use the camera in the rearview mirrors, but they are definitively using the radar as seen in the picture

Thank you ! At least I know where to look if needed. I contacted my dealer today, they ask me to come to plug the obd scanner and perform udaptes eventually. If the issue is still there they will replace some parts, i guess this is one of the sensor if not both.

Thank you ! At least I know where to look if needed. I contacted my dealer today, they ask me to come to plug the obd scanner and perform udaptes eventually. If the issue is still there they will replace some parts, i guess this is one of the sensor if not both.
The car is relatively new so maybe they dont have every procedure in place, but i would imagine that they would have a procedure, where they put the radar into test mode, and then they had to test it at certain angles and distances, maybe even with some test jig, to calibrate it.

If it is faulty and will trigger even if nothing is in it's view, i would imagine there is a posibility you would get false activations also when reversing.

The day we took delivery, we stopped at a motorway Burgerking that also had a parking lot with a charger, when the wife was reversing out from there it suddenly bonged at her, because a car was suddenly passing behind her, and she had not seen it. Not being the driver, i dont know if it was her or the system that pressed the brake, but we did come to a stop, before hitting the car.

Good thingit did, as it would have been pretty messy, if i had to violently murder her in front of the kids, if she had smashed up our new car on its first day :) :)

I'm at the dealer. There are 4 updates to do. More than 1 hour of waiting... Hope it will fix my issue
Hope you are all sorted now ????.
The day we collected our new Trophy LR we had a 100 mile journey home.
We decided about half way, to stop off for some lunch.
As we approached the venue, my wife noticed that the orange blind spot monitor big warning light was “ON”.
When checked the fries side, it was also “ON”.
She said it had been only “ON” for about 5 minutes !.
We parked the car and went for lunch.
When we returned, both had started working correctly ????.
It has been over three weeks now and they appear to be working fine now ????.
Some type of a “ Glitch” I guess ???.

Hope you are all sorted now ????.
The day we collected our new Trophy LR we had a 100 mile journey home.
We decided about half way, to stop off for some lunch.
As we approached the venue, my wife noticed that the orange blind spot monitor big warning light was “ON”.
When checked the fries side, it was also “ON”.
She said it had been only “ON” for about 5 minutes !.
We parked the car and went for lunch.
When we returned, both had started working correctly ????.
It has been over three weeks now and they appear to be working fine now ????.
Some type of a “ Glitch” I guess ???.
Hello,
I tried last night and it seem to be less sensible. The light was ON for a couple of time when nothing was in my blind spot, but not as much as before. I'll do some testing again tonight.
Your glitch is very weird indeed. I never had this kind of behavior with the light, I hope for you it was only a software glitch and not a faulty sensor.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom