Bluetooth key

YaR

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Worked brilliantly today. I lost my key at work at somepoint between walking from the car to the office. I had to move the car to the charger at lunchtime so I used the bluetooth key and it just worked. No issues, no complications.

Somebody handed my key in to security, so I've got it back, but it's good to know there are other options.

Do all MG4 models come with a "bluetooth" key to unlock the doors and start the car? I have ordered the SE SR version. Thanks for any info.

Do all MG4 models come with a "bluetooth" key to unlock the doors and start the car? I have ordered the SE SR version. Thanks for any info.
1697725143319.png

Mine too. In fact I proved my digital key was working before any Trophy owner could get theirs working ... despite the fact the SE isn't supposed to support it. ;)

Good to know. When mine arrives I intend to use it exclusively, might cause me trouble, but we'll see!
The last time I locked mine using the digital key it refused to charge at the charger I always use. Not sure if it coincidence or what so I’ll have to give it another try. Remind me to if I don’t get back to you.

Good to know. When mine arrives I intend to use it exclusively, might cause me trouble, but we'll see!
Also, it is a little inconvenient. Every time you get out the car you have to use it to start the car once you sit back in. So if you for example say have to get out to open a gate or something… not as convenient in that respect as the physical smart key.
Having said that, it saved my ass once when the smart key was denied by the anti-theft system, and it can be shared with other people who might need it in an emergency.

I don't fully understand the mobile phone unlocking processes. I do not usually have my Bluetooth switched off but can unlock the car but not start it using the mobile signal. I must experiment switching off the mobile signal and switching on Bluetooth to see if I can unlock the car.

Im going to try and use the BT key more and more as it's just more convenient for me. I'm going to try it for a week to see how it works and if it's half as good as the Tesla key for my brother's Model Y performance then I'm happy!!

I've got a SE LR, MY23 received in July. The BT digital key worked fine for me, until this weekend when I can no longer see the "digital key" entry in the "my profile" menu on the app.

As the spec sheet theoretically says the SE models don't have the key, does this look like MG centrally have "disabled" the app functionality for SE owners in a recent update? Would be interested to hear if any other SE owners have experienced the same.

This is on an Android phone, app version 1.1.14. Just to reiterate - this has worked for me without any difficulty since I had the car, and it has just "vanished". There is no longer a "digital key" entry in the menu, where there once was one!

The DK option is still there for me. (Android v1.1.14). I haven't logged out and back in for a wee while though, although I have done so since getting this version.

I've got a SE LR, MY23 received in July. The BT digital key worked fine for me, until this weekend when I can no longer see the "digital key" entry in the "my profile" menu on the app.

As the spec sheet theoretically says the SE models don't have the key, does this look like MG centrally have "disabled" the app functionality for SE owners in a recent update? Would be interested to hear if any other SE owners have experienced the same.

This is on an Android phone, app version 1.1.14. Just to reiterate - this has worked for me without any difficulty since I had the car, and it has just "vanished". There is no longer a "digital key" entry in the menu, where there once was one!
I wouldn’t read too much into that. There also used to be an option to change from miles to kilometres and that’s no longer there either now…

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back