Bluetooth music/radio issue

DaveJay13

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi folks,

I recently collected my ZS Ev which I'm pretty happy with. I'm having an irritating audio issue though!

I have paired my phone with the vehicle via BT (not a cable) and normally have the radio on. Everytime I get a message on my phone, the audio switches from radio to BT music. I manually switch it back to radio but as soon as I get another phone message, it happens again.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Havent personally noticed this on my car. But now that you have said, ill try this on my car and keep you posted. I generally dont tend to use radio much and listen to BT music instead.

Hi folks,

I recently collected my ZS Ev which I'm pretty happy with. I'm having an irritating audio issue though!

I have paired my phone with the vehicle via BT (not a cable) and normally have the radio on. Everytime I get a message on my phone, the audio switches from radio to BT music. I manually switch it back to radio but as soon as I get another phone message, it happens again.

Any advice?

Thanks.
you could always have your phone mute notifications when you are paired to the car... just a suggestion.

Same issue on my mg4, everytime a notification comes through radio turns to bt music, which is starting to get really annoying.

It seems to be an issue on the ZS and I am guessing the same on the 4, which seems to show up with a Samsung, mine is a S20, like you I have nothing else to test it with, I haven’t found a solution, but as it bugs me so much I have had to mute the notification and occasionally when on a longish drive check via the car console for messages.

previous thread but no solutions. BT issues

It seems to be an issue on the ZS and I am guessing the same on the 4, which seems to show up with a Samsung, mine is a S20, like you I have nothing else to test it with, I haven’t found a solution, but as it bugs me so much I have had to mute the notification and occasionally when on a longish drive check via the car console for messages.

previous thread but no solutions. BT issues
I've turned off Audio as a BT option and it seems to have worked so far today. Before it was switching back every few minutes. Calls still come through but no more pings and beeps.

Find your car name on your phone under the BT settings. Click the Cog. Leave on Calls & Contacts and turn off Audio

Wayne

I've turned off Audio as a BT option and it seems to have worked so far today. Before it was switching back every few minutes. Calls still come through but no more pings and beeps.

Find your car name on your phone under the BT settings. Click the Cog. Leave on Calls & Contacts and turn off Audio

Wayne
Probably a stupid question, but where on my phone will I find the BT settings? I have a Huawei android, so not only Samsung phones....

Thanks....I was being really stupid and thinking that BT was British Telecom!!! lol
Just hope it works for you too.
Before I changed the Bluetooth setting I was forced to unpair my phone just so I could listen to the radio, which also meant no hands free 🙊
Now I can make calls again and listen to the radio afterwards.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom