Bluetooth overriding Apple Carplay

mbirks

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
In my SE SR, I have my android phone paired by bluetooth with the car (because I use it for iSmart and Android Auto). Whenever I drive my daughter she plugs her iPhone into the car left hand USB-A port so she can play her Spotify tunes through CarPlay, but whenever I get any SMS/Whatsapp/Telegram message in my pocket it mutes/pauses her playing music. Which is pretty annoying.
Is there any way of avoiding that other than me turning off Bluetooth on my phone? I would have thought the Infotainment would always give preference to the phone plugged into the left USB-A port and running Android Auto/Carplay.
I'm running R13 software if that helps.

Similarly today I was sat in the car with the DAB radio on, and whenever I unlock or lock my Android phone (which isn't connected by cable) it jumps to bluetooth music and I lose the radio. Every time.

I experienced something potentially similar this morning. I've previously used Apple Carplay to play Spotify with no issues but this morning when I attempted to select Apple Carplay on the central display I was presented with a list of my recent phone messages.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back