Bluetooth phone contacts not all uploading to MG5

Bazarooni

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have paired my Android phone with the MG5 successfully, and tried to upload contacts a few times. However, it is not uploading all the contacts from the phone, so most recent calls just list numbers, no names. Really annoying, as I can't call my most called people as they are not listed. I have more than 1 gmail email account, and a Yahoo account on the phone, and so it may only be only loading contacts tied to one account. Contact sharing is enabled on the phone. Any ideas how to get the car (or phone) to upload all contacts on the phone please?

It's possible that your phone isn't compatible... I've had the same problem (Galaxy S8) with no success, though AA is fine. Connected an iPhone and it worked immediately!

I have paired my Android phone with the MG5 successfully, and tried to upload contacts a few times. However, it is not uploading all the contacts from the phone, so most recent calls just list numbers, no names. Really annoying, as I can't call my most called people as they are not listed. I have more than 1 gmail email account, and a Yahoo account on the phone, and so it may only be only loading contacts tied to one account. Contact sharing is enabled on the phone. Any ideas how to get the car (or phone) to upload all contacts on the phone please?
We have three phones between us. Both the Samsung S9 and S10 transfer the contacts. My S20 doesn't for some reason. Given up trying for now.

Many thanks for the replies. I'm not alone then. I wondered if the compatibility issue might come up. I'm using a Moto G8 phone, so is there a way to find out compatibility for the MG5?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom