Bluetooth randomly disconnects from phone after a few days

GameZone

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I've basically given up on Bluetooth, because every time I connect my phone it will work fine until it randomly reject it a few days later, and I have to go trough the hassle to pair it again. It happens on R46. Anyone else having this?

I've basically given up on Bluetooth, because every time I connect my phone it will work fine until it randomly reject it a few days later, and I have to go trough the hassle to pair it again. It happens on R46. Anyone else having this?
There's a few threads on this.
But 46 was supposed to resolve it.

Its done it once with my R40 so far in 6 weeks (Car built July 2023).

I just keep checking the symbol apears now in the Infotainmnet screen as part of my pre-flight list !!

I thought the upgrade to R46 recommended and installed by MG garage had sorted this when it was done about 6 weeks ago. However BT disconnected again earlier this week and I havent bothered reconnecting yet.

There's a few threads on this.
But 46 was supposed to resolve it.
Had service om my mg4 trophy last week and software update toR46 to sort Bluetooth paring problem out as I had to keep pairing phone. So far its been good no paring problems finger's crossed.

@GameZone,

The BT has different reactions on the MG4.

When you Idevice is set, normally everything must go on. But sometimes, not.
I have this look on mine, (Trophy R46 first one R46 version, shortcut wrong on the left star).

Every time I go in, the BT is Synch & my music works fine. But sometimes, there is no sound, so I pump up the volume with the right joystick on the steering wheel.

But sometimes no sound at all, Wow, what happens ?!?
On the main display you have two arrows, select one of them to move from radio to BT to Amazon and go back to BT. Most of the time your sound will be back.

Most of the time my idevice plays music alone, sometime I have to run the app first and the sound goes on.

Most of people think BT is wrong, but not.

Check what you do before your what to run your music.

There is a special update 4 BT

Labougie

My dealer said they applied an update this week to the body control module that was supposed to fix the BT issue. My infotainment is still on R33.

It's too early to say if it has been fixed yet and the missus has taken the car for the weekend. I'll be trying the phone as often as possible next week.

The auto lights do seem to be a bit better, but again early days.

Luxury/Trophy.
Do not know, I thought the R46 had fixed the issue and then it started to act up again. Clarly not fixed even with R46.
After the most recent update to my car, it appeared to stop, that was October 23 its now Nov 14 and it has happened only once where as it was happening potentially twice a day. So I see that as some success. If you haven't already, can I suggest you go on to your phone and remove all the "MG" pairings listed and then start the process over a gain. It may help

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back