Bluetooth

wickerbox

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi

I eventually managed to pair my iPhone with my MG4; it woujd eithbeer not find the phone, or when it did & gave me a pairing code, my phone wouldn’t find the car. After about 10 attempts without doing anything different it worked 🎉 I got in the car today and it has no pairing history and it took a repeat of the above again 😡. Any suggestions? It will work when plugged into apple carplay fine. Thanks

Hi

I eventually managed to pair my iPhone with my MG4; it woujd eithbeer not find the phone, or when it did & gave me a pairing code, my phone wouldn’t find the car. After about 10 attempts without doing anything different it worked 🎉 I got in the car today and it has no pairing history and it took a repeat of the above again 😡. Any suggestions? It will work when plugged into apple carplay fine. Thanks
There are many existing threads/posts on this if you do a quick forum search

There are existing threads but it really amounts to the same thing. No simple answer. From what I can glean it is an issue with the software on the most recent version. We’ve given up and have gone for car play as it is easier (despite the annoyance of having to plug the phone in) and we get a better reception. Don’t know why, don’t care but when there is an easy fix I’d love to know.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back