BMS update- feedback from MG

That is what I usually have to do or it just keeps going, it’s rediculous.😤
But isn't that what all chargers do ? Don't they all start charging again when you switch them on ? But in this case there is an after charge process while plugged in, so charge for a few seconds and then balance.

But isn't that what all chargers do ? Don't they all start charging again when you switch them on ? But in this case there is an after charge process while plugged in, so charge for a few seconds and then balance.
Afraid not, After your vehicle has been plugged into the Smart charger all night and it has taken on all the charge it can take and done it’s balance charge and switched itself off. It should not unlock the charger cable and immediately relock the charger cable within 1 second and restart a balance charge when you unlock your car in the morning and then continue doing this each time it switches itself off after approx 30min. It did it 5 times yesterday, there ain’t no way this can be said to be normal.☹️

Hi
I have Still problem with Bms, they doing now same 2nd update (same like they did 4 weeks ago) my car didn't improved at all
Can we claim compensation due to car being not efficient? (My range is still around 50 miles)
Trading standards - product/goods not as described??

Hi
I have Still problem with Bms, they doing now same 2nd update (same like they did 4 weeks ago) my car didn't improved at all
Can we claim compensation due to car being not efficient? (My range is still around 50 miles)
Trading standards - product/goods not as described??
I’d write officially to MG saying your current vehicle is not fit for purpose and that it should be exchanged for a new model that does work correctly or that they simply return your money...

They will do 2nd update and after balancing process and many charges(which I have to do) it will back to full range mode, but I'm not paying less for that faulty car I'm still paying full price for car which is underperformed due to faulty update..

They will do 2nd update and after balancing process and many charges(which I have to do) it will back to full range mode, but I'm not paying less for that faulty car I'm still paying full price for car which is underperformed due to faulty update..
Then ask for compensation for the inconvenience and see how they reply.

You need to find out the millivolt imbalance first. MG's position on this is if the value is greater than 100MV the dealer needs to perform this, any less this should be the customer (unless your dealers willing to do this out of good will).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom