Bonnet pad

Going sound like an idiot but what is a bonnet pad?
I think the OP means the sound proofing under the bonnet.Some had the insulation where others just had the painted underside of the bonnet . Looks like some were missed fortunately mine has it.

Please can someone post a photo of this? I have no idea what you're talking about.
It's a layer of insulation under the bonnet. The black area on this photo.
1692513596337.png

If you want to make the car quieter, there's scope for a lot more sound deadening in all doors, floors, under rear seat, boot, bonnet.

It won't reduce the wind noise though, which is the dominant noise that I hear.

I must say I'd never noticed and had to go and check just now, but mine does have the soundproofing under the bonnet. (y)
Maybe that pad is why some can hear the AC working and some cannot. :unsure:

I checked mine and it's OK too. I hadn't noticed it either and if you'd asked me I'd have said the underside of the bonnet was blue metal like the car!

I think you ought to make a fuss. Let the dealer know the pad is missing and ask when one can be fitted.
Thanks I'll pop in on my way home .

So I went to my supplying dealer .
Their MG4 expert was surprised to hear about this but checked the car in the showroom (a gorgeous orange xpower) and lo and behold pad in place . He's going to check if it's warranty work . I'll get it done when the car is in for its service in October .
If it's not warranty work they'll get the rough edge of my tongue!!

They didn’t issue a recall for people getting locked in, they’re hardly going to do one for missing noise deadening.
I think it’s another example of the production line fitting stuff (or not) depending on what they have to hand.
Like the auto dipping rear view mirror that my SE wasn’t supposed to have and therefore wasn’t wired up…

They didn’t issue a recall for people getting locked in, they’re hardly going to do one for missing noise deadening.
I think it’s another example of the production line fitting stuff (or not) depending on what they have to hand.
Like the auto dipping rear view mirror that my SE wasn’t supposed to have and therefore wasn’t wired up…
Do you know what I've just realised I've got one of those lol!!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back