Bonnet price increases

fatboyfat1981

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
2D860B1E-6059-4082-BA6A-F1FCD6115A47.jpeg

Got the email this morning. Irritating it may be the previous prices were unsustainable in the current environment.

Took my subscription up in March (on the previous fiction estimated delivery date, at least I’ve got some kWH saved up

The PAYG rate is now more than most charge points cost without using Bonnet. Aldi near my work have a rapid at £0.24p/kWh so if needed I will use that one.

Regarding bonnet.

Did they write anything about stopping their cooperation with some operators ? (Where do you see Bonnet news ?)

I ask because right now my app show NO charge points in Denmark, at all.

The one i used last time i was in Germany is there, but all of sudden Denmark is completely void of any points ?

They even added Ionity chargers in Denmark less than a month ago, and i used it to do a free charge, with one of the codes.

Before that, there were multiple, mostly 11/22 KWh destination chargers available in different spots.

Yeah so to answer my own question about Bonnet not showing a single charger in Denmark, this is the answer i got from Bonnet.

Seems like a bit of a step in the wrong direction for them if they want to be a "worldwide" company :

Hello there, thanks a lot for getting in touch! 😊
Yes, unfortunately the Denmark is not supported anymore, but once we can add the country back to the app, we will happily inform our users about it 😊

If any of you were planning to travel to France and enjoy those sweet prices on Ionity here's what the new rates will look like starting August 1st. This used to be 0.41/0.36/0.35/0.30 so it's quite the increase :(

bonnet-new-prices-france.png

Bonnet seems less and less desirable.

Maybe they have burned through their startup capital, by offering all of those free charges.

I just closed down my bonnet account alltogether, and deleted the app, as stated above, they left Denmark completely, and the nearest charger is 200 miles away now.

Bonnet seems less and less desirable.

Maybe they have burned through their startup capital, by offering all of those free charges.

I just closed down my bonnet account alltogether, and deleted the app, as stated above, they left Denmark completely, and the nearest charger is 200 miles away now.
The rates in the UK although not as advantageous as when they started are still lower than the individual providers.
I've a trip planned d'arn sarf next month and will be using a £9 refill to get 45p/kWh on Osprey, Ionity etc.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom