Boot button doesn't work

JackC

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Has anyone else had any problems closing their Tailgate/Boot door using the button located on the door?
Mine only works once in about every 5 attempts, it closing without any problems using the Key fob and the button situated on the Centre console, just not the one on the boot lid.

Has anyone else had any problems closing their Tailgate/Boot door using the button located on the door?
Mine only works once in about every 5 attempts, it closing without any problems using the Key fob and the button situated on the Centre console, just not the one on the boot lid.
Boot button fails very infrequently. Just the usual crappy electronics.

If the tailgate is left open too long (don't know the exact time sadly), then the car deliberately switches the electrical supply off to save the 12V battery. It's OK to then close the boot manually.

I have also had a couple of instances where the boot has not fully closed itself down when using electric closure. Has anyone else had this happen?

I have also had a couple of instances where the boot has not fully closed itself down when using electric closure. Has anyone else had this happen?
Yes, I now wait and see it has worked. I noticed if it is part closed, then I lock the doors, it stops.

Yes, I now wait and see it has worked. I noticed if it is part closed, then I lock the doors, it stops.
Yes this will happen from time to time nothing to worry amount wait to the boot is down before locking as you over ride the closing by locking the car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom