Boot failure, screen block with "Function is available after vehicle is started"

Mouss

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy ER
Hello

I have a MG4 Luxury (french version of Trophy) and I've been facing something odd since December. Sometimes, I get into the car, I wait for the boot to adjust the A/C but the screen stays "grey" and everything is blocked to "Function is available after véhicule is started", even if I start the car by pressing the brakes.

I can reboot the system to fix it but I have to hold the home button and 2 times on 3, my phone lost the pairing (looks like the Bluetooth Mac address is corrupted) and I have to reboot a second or a third time to fix everything or it'll ask me to pair every at every boot.
One time I left the car all night long and it was fixed by itself.

When it happens, I can't adjust the A/C, heating steering wheel or seats (it's off like I'm not in "Ready"), I can't adjust the ADA'S (Regen, Drive mode). Basically, it's like I just sit in the car but not press the brakes but I can drive...

I know some other people face this issue but does anyone have an idea to fix it permanently?

I've got the R46 update in September, my car is a MY2022 manufactured in February 2023 and I took it from the dealer in July 2023.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• PXL_20240403_161353905.jpg
    PXL_20240403_161353905.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 34
Just to clarify. When you are sitting in the driver's seat and have firmly pressed the brake pedal and both the infotainment screen and the driver's screen have booted up fully you get the "Function is available after vehicle is started" ?

This happened to me a few weeks back in a 2023 UK Trophy with R46. Software appeared to be fully loaded but couldn't alter any of the settings with the same message. Just put it down to a variant of the (not infrequent) loading problem the software seems to have. I couldn't resolve it with a reboot because by the time I realised I was on a fast road and didn't want to play around pushing buttons at speed. It resolved itself when I stopped and turned the car off and on again and hasn't recurred in this particular form although it does fail to boot properly on start up maybe 1 time in 10- which is quite a lot... The car is not due a service until August, but I will mention it to the dealer.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back