• We have updated MGEVs and introduced rules for using our Classifieds forums. For more information, please click here.

For Sale Boot flooring upgrade

Exactly that. I have the charging cable and emergency gear in the wheel well. Then flimsy floor with my running stuff on that and a wooden floor on top as the actual floor for kids bags, shopping etc. I find it invaluable as I always have my stuff but at the same time I always have a clear floor for loading with the bonus that I’m not worrying about all the fuel I’m burning carrying around the extra weight.
Have made and sold all the frame sets to lift the flooring up, I’m sure C6MFC and Zachsta can show you what they look like, as they slot together rather than screwed, I won’t be making anymore, as I have run out of 19mm birch ply and as there is a national shortage, the price has doubled in the last month.
I’ve got a bill for 2x 12mm birch plywood panels at £105! So god only knows what 19mm will be!

I also have 1 more set of the flooring mod left made and ready to go.
If there is a demand, I have enough 12mm birch ply to make 2 more sets

Swvernless is a boat builder so you can guess at the quality of these simple, strong and effective boot floor modifications. As he says the raw materials are expensive but this is the Rolls Royce solution which will probably out last the car! Picture to follow as soon as it stops raining

Here is the extender and beech ply base I bought from Serverless. I may have fitted it wrong Severnless, but it makes no difference this works a treat. Have pictures with boot floor raised or in normal position the strong base will be very useful compared to the flimsy original version Thank you.

Attachments

• Spacer.jpg
    Spacer.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 266
  • Beech Ply Base Low.jpeg
    Beech Ply Base Low.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 253
  • Beech Ply Base split.jpg
    Beech Ply Base split.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 261
  • Boot floor low 1.jpeg
    Boot floor low 1.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 255
  • Boot floor low 2.jpeg
    Boot floor low 2.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 247
  • Boot floor High 2.jpeg
    Boot floor High 2.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 247
  • Boot floor high 1.jpeg
    Boot floor high 1.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 261
Here is the extender and beech ply base I bought from Serverless. I may have fitted it wrong Severnless, but it makes no difference this works a treat. Have pictures with boot floor raised or in normal position the strong base will be very useful compared to the flimsy original version Thank you.
Looks like you put it in correctly

219AF15D-0DB6-46FD-A816-9D2342C77F17.jpeg98C5C51C-88D6-4A55-86B5-7764AF23C7CA.jpeg
Hope it make life a bit easier for you.
Cheers
👍

Last edited:
Reactions: Alb
Finally got round to putting an advert for the extra set of boot flooring that I made.
As MG5 owners will know MG’s answer to this is thin corrugated plastic, so if you put anything heavy into the boot it normally collapses the flooring into the wheel well.
So my answer is a set of birch plywood panels that sit below the carpet, so very strong and stable
I made an extra set when making a set for my car which is now up for sale.
I also made a set of templates so can make them to order, if anyone is interested.
Price £45
Collection from B63
Or can send for an extra £9
View attachment 4067View attachment 4068View attachment 4069View attachment 4070View attachment 4071
Great idea,
What did you use for carpet?

Great idea,
See my pictures above Severnless supplied me with the full kit. Its a better solution than the new floor that the range extender MG5 will have as it a bit stronger than the original (and should be available as spare part eventually, but not as beefy as the Serverless solution. His solution will easily take washing machines, heavy lawn mowers etc with ease.

See my pictures above Severnless supplied me with the full kit. Its a better solution than the new floor that the range extender MG5 will have as it a bit stronger than the original (and should be available as spare part eventually, but not as beefy as the Serverless solution. His solution will easily take washing machines, heavy lawn mowers etc with ease.
Thanks 🙏 for the positive feedback 😁

Great idea,
If you are wanting to cover a new floor there are loads of places to pick up carpet on eBay, usually listed as acoustic carpet by the modifying brigade for using on their bass bins or lining carpet for the van modifiers making their own camper vans. Mind you, if mine looked as smart as the
Severnless kit then it wouldn't have been covered in carpet as his looks the business and is far too nice to cover up.

Last edited:
If you are wanting to cover a new floor there are loads of places to pick up carpet on eBay, usually listed as acoustic carpet by the modifying brigade for using on their bass bins or lining carpet for the van modifiers making their own camper vans. Mind you, if mine looked as smart as the
Severnless kit then it wouldn't have been covered in carpet as his looks the business and is far too nice to cover up.
Thanks, I’ll remember that one. Hopefully I’ll find time to do something on mine.

If you're not intending to sell any more of these would you be willing to share the plans, perhaps draw them up and sell them on etsy if you wanted something for them? I think my skills with a jigsaw are sufficient enough to throw something together, but would rather tried and tested measurements.

Severnless has said he has template plans to sell so I'm sure he will respond or message him direct

If you're not intending to sell any more of these would you be willing to share the plans, perhaps draw them up and sell them on etsy if you wanted something for them? I think my skills with a jigsaw are sufficient enough to throw something together, but would rather tried and tested measurements.
Thanks for the thought, but they are just hardboard templates
Jig saw skills are not needed, always use a table saw or a guide rail saw.
Also all of the edges must be rounded off, (router) because if you have the unfortunate situation where you have a rear end shunt the boards will ride over each other rather than going through the rear seat!

I still have a set of upgrade flooring avalible if anyone is interested and if you want a set of boot riser boards then, all you need to do is supply me with some birchply and I can make some.
👍

I don't have my car yet (any day now...I hope!) and I'm likely to be moving heavy things in the boot (casks/kegs of beer mainly).

Your upgrade looks amazing! Will they fit the LR boot ok? Are you still offering them, and if so could I put my name down for a set please? (I'd need them posted).

If not, I have some spare 11mm ply and a jigsaw.... :D

I don't have my car yet (any day now...I hope!) and I'm likely to be moving heavy things in the boot (casks/kegs of beer mainly).

Your upgrade looks amazing! Will they fit the LR boot ok? Are you still offering them, and if so could I put my name down for a set please? (I'd need them posted).

The LR comes with an adjustable floor which is pretty sturdy. Not sure this sort of upgrade is needed - and the rear brackets to support the height adjust would need factored in they’re larger than the SR model.

The LR comes with an adjustable floor which is pretty sturdy. Not sure this sort of upgrade is needed - and the rear brackets to support the height adjust would need factored in they’re larger than the SR model.
Ah, that's good. I'll wait until I've seen it then before I go ahead please. I didn't get to see the boot floor of the demonstrator I drove - it was full of small child paraphernalia :D

You won’t need it with the long range 5, they did a good job on the upgrade with the flooring.
the standard range just has corrugated plastic sheet glued to the bottom of the carpet, so if anything heavy is chucked in the boot, it tends to sink into the spare wheel well, hence me chopping a bit of dead tree carcass up.
which I still have one set available! 😊 ( for the standard range! 😁)

You won’t need it with the long range 5, they did a good job on the upgrade with the flooring.
the standard range just has corrugated plastic sheet glued to the bottom of the carpet, so if anything heavy is chucked in the boot, it tends to sink into the spare wheel well, hence me chopping a bit of dead tree carcass up.
which I still have one set available! 😊 ( for the standard range! 😁)
Hi Severnless. I am very interested in buying this set but am still awaiting delivery of my Excite short range. Could I reserve it please but obviously appreciate you will need to sell if you get a confirmed buyer

Hi Severnless. I am very interested in buying this set but am still awaiting delivery of my Excite short range. Could I reserve it please but obviously appreciate you will need to sell if you get a confirmed buyer
Yep no problem
you have pm

I bought a set from Severnless. its great quality and works a treat. moved washing machine the other day and having no lip and solid base made it v easy. Strong and reliable.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom